What's new

Wings, Newhart, Ed, How the West Was Won?? (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
A while back, ED was mentioned as being released when NBC had the deal with Lion's Gate. Now that they are part of Universal, I would guess that is off and I haven't heard anything about it.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I really would love to see the various Bob Newhart shows released when he is still alive so there can be some show commentaries done.

Paul

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hello,
If you are referring to the 70's miniseries starring James Arness (How the West Was Won), that's an all-time favorite miniseries of mine :) Glad to see it mentioned here. Another one of mine is "Rich Man, Poor Man". I haven't heard anything about either one of these for DVD.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
How the West Was Won was issued on DVD in Scandinavia by Soul Media beginning in November 2009 with a new season set every two months or so. Image quality was a bit so-so but in August of this year they re-issued the series' as "Digitally Remastered" sets. A complete 14-disc set is scheduled for a November 15 release. All of these sets are of course PAL formatted which might be an obstacle for the American market but these are out there at least...
Usually listed as "Familjen Macahan" through most retailers although the artwork also adds "How the West Was Won".
Box set 1 (Includes the pilot)
Box set 2
Box set 3
Box set 4
Box set 5

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
309qbzl.jpg
about "How The West Was Won" (miniseries 1978-79) in R1. Dave posted the news for S1 at TSoD on 03/21 here

This one's been on my list for a long time. The bonus news for me is that it looks like it's going to be a pressed WB (not WBA) release
a31cw5.jpg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Jeff Willis said:
309qbzl.jpg
about "How The West Was Won" (miniseries 1978-79) in R1. Dave posted the news for S1 at TSoD on 03/21 here

This one's been on my list for a long time. The bonus news for me is that it looks like it's going to be a pressed WB (not WBA) release
a31cw5.jpg
Agreed about it coming from WB and not the Archive. If nothing else, that allows for some solid discounts. And since I know this was one of your "holy grails", Jeff, let me be the first to say congratulations!

Gary "nice forum, gentlemen" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Agreed about it coming from WB and not the Archive. If nothing else, that allows for some solid discounts. And since I know this was one of your "holy grails", Jeff, let me be the first to say congratulations!

Gary "nice forum, gentlemen" O.
2r7nfdh.jpg
It's been a long wait for this one. I thought about getting those Scandanavian sets but glad I waited for the R1.

I'll keep the wishes going for your grail. If I had the power from the bench, I'd get that one moving....

"It is hereby decreed that the motion to expedite the releases of 'Ozzie & Harriet' be brought to the HTF chamber floor for resolution. All in favor?
2s8lbms.jpg
Opposed? [silence] The 'aye's' have it. Motion carried."
ogdylj.jpg

jv6jbb.jpg
about the new forum platform. Big improvement from Huddler.

Good luck with that favorite bracket team
293br7s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks