What's new

Wing Commander DVD- Do I dare...? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Do I dare buy it? I admit I enjoyed the hell out of the movie; I really dug the effects and the music, and I enjoyed the WWII themed visuals even if they did lead to scientific impossibilites and errors. My question is thus: should I get the DVD considering my feelings on the film? Its pretty barebones, is there any chance in hell of getting a special edition?

HELP!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Might I suggest the DVD-ROM version of Wing Commander 4 instead? Not only is the acting and plot 100x better, but there's a free game inside! :)
There is no chance in hell of an SE

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
:D :D
As far as I know there arn't any mac releases for the Wing Commander games. Sad, since I have a fully loaded G4.
Lets keep the answers coming!

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Wing Commander 4 was released for the Mac, mate. I don't know about WC3.

I quite liked the movie, myself. I don't feel the need to answer to other people's ideas of what is and isn't good, nor do I believe in the concept of the 'guilty pleasure.' The movie was an interesting take on the Wing Commander universe.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the WC4 info. I'll be actively searching for this now. And you're right. There are no guilty pleasures. Just movies you watch or don't watch. And I think I'll watch Wing Commander on DVD after all.

Thanks. Feel free to keep Wing Commander discussions going if you wish. I'll join if I can.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I recently bought the Wing Commander DVD for $9 at Best Buy. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was in the double dollar digits.
Then again ... Saffron Burrows in a tank top ... :D

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
If you like the movie buy the DVD. The DD5.1 track is perfect and the picture looks fine.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Never seen it (I could never even be bothered with the games after I owned X-Wing) but going by the stuff about the missing scenes in IMDB there's plenty that could go into a SE...

Your best bet would be to email Chris Roberts or his company (he used to co-own Origin) about it (there will be an email somewhere - I'm sure he's still doing computer stuff) and see what he knows.

Oliver, is the German R2 anamorphic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nesiancoco
Recent bookmarks