1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

WinDVD Users Help me get DD/DTS Passthrough

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Dalton, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Well i don't know what i am doing wrong but i can't seem to get digital passthrough to work w/WinDVD. It work fine with my older PowerDVD XP but the picture quality is lousy compared to WinDVD. I have my soundcard set to digital output(Audigy2) and the WinDVD audio setting is set for digital but still no dice. I took my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz back and got the Audigy2 but that wasn't the problem. Help? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dalton

2. Brent Smith

Brent Smith Agent

Hi Dalton,

According to what I read on the InterVideo support FAQ you also have to do some tricks with MS XP speak management.

Click on the link below and choose "WinDVD" as "Product Name" and "Audio Card" as "Category".

Then look for this in the FAQ that pops up.

That should solve the problem I think you are having.

C. Brent Smith

How do I use multi-channel support with WinDVD 4?

First, close WinDVD 4. In order to utilize multichannel speakers under Microsoft Windows, you'll go into the Control Panel/ Sounds and Audio Devices/ Audio, and under "Sound Playback" click on the "Advanced" button. An "Advanced Audio Properties" window will open. Click on the "Speakers" button and under "Speakers Setup" drop down the arrow to 5.1 surround sound speaker. Click "Apply" and "OK".

Next, start the WinDVD 4. After the film starts playing, right click and choose "Setup" and click the "Audio" tab. You will have multi-channel speaker support available

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Thanks Brent i will try it out. Hopefully it will work!

4. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    No dice.[​IMG] The only time i get audio with WinDVD5 is with various mpeg files i have on my HD. I must be missing something.