What's new

Windows XP, Help! CDR's not recognised! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hi all..

I have a Creative Labs CDRW121032 and a Creative Labs 12X DVD, and both suddenly won't recognise my DVD's. I just upgraded over the weekend, after ME crashed on me for the last time. ME read the CDR's perfectly, but XP dosn't recognise them at all. The DVD player recognises store boughtCD's and store bought DVD's, the CDRW drive also recognises CD's, but both no longer register the CDR's...

Any ideas?

Also, I can't seem to get 3D Studio Max 2.5 Educatinoal version running. It says the hardware lock drivers are not installed or the hardware lock isn't attached. Both are not true, because both are installed properly.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Everything else works fine, and I plan to like this operating system much more than the last one..

Thanks!

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
First, 3DSMax has known issues with XP. I couldn't get R4 working properly, so 2.5 might have the same issue.

As for the CD-R issues, I assume you're referring to burned CD-Rs. You might want to try disabling XP's built-in CD-R software. I don't remember off hand how to do it, but that might be a reason.

Is DMA enabled on both drives? Check system properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks