What's new

Windows Media Player is driving me insane!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I've got the latest version and everything, but for whatever reason I can't use the media library. When I click on the media library button on the sidebar, nothing happens!!! It also won't retrieve information on CD's when I try to play or rip them. Strangely, it does all these things just fine if I'm logged onto the computer as my dad. Worse yet, I'm afraid to delete because to do so I have to go through the add/remove Windows components process, which is so damn confusing I'm afraid I might wipe out the whole computer. Somebody please help!!!

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'm no expert, but do you have another program in your profile that is the default for those types of media (Realplayer, Winamp, etc...). My guess is that another program has hijacked the files you want to play with Media Player.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Chris, I should note that I can still play files in Windows Media Player by going into their folders and selecting them individually to play, I just can't use the media library.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
Strangely, it does all these things just fine if I'm logged onto the computer as my dad.
does your own login have admin privileges? i didn't think media player took that into consideration, but that sounds like the problem?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
then why would it work when you're logged in as your dad? really trippy.

how about logging in as yourself, then reinstalling it? i'm just totally shootin' in the dark here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks