Windows Media Player 9 wont find all of my music

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mark Giles, May 26, 2003.

1. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

I am having problems with wmp9 adding all of my music files to my library. I have a separate hd just for music that I search from. While doing a regular search for all music files over 100k from windows xp, I of course find all of my music files, appox 7400 files. After clearing my wmp9 library and doing a new search and it only found 6100 files. I have about 50% mp3's and the other half are wma's. Not really sure why it's not finding everything. Any ideas?

2. Patrick Cate

Patrick Cate Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but in the options menu of of WMP9, under the Media Library section, there is a section that gives an option to skip audio and video files if they are under a certain size. Make sure in both the video and audio boxes that the size is set to 0. Hope that helps.

3. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

Well I have no video files on the drive and about 8 music files that are less than 100k. I tried it anyway and came out with the same amount(plus 8 songs). This is frustrating. Is there some kind of maximum limit for the entire search, like a certain amount of GB's. Just a wild guess, I'm at approx 23GB(22.91GB). If I can't get to the bottom of this, does anyone know of a better library program for media that sorts and takes advantage of all of the catagories that WMP does?

4. Patrick Cate

Patrick Cate Stunt Coordinator