What's new

Windows 2000 and WinDVD 2000??? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Gross

Auditioning
I don't know if anyone can help me or not but here it goes. I built an AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz T-Bird. It has 256 MB of DDR Ram. I have a nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 64MB of SDRAM. I just bought a Delta 12x DVD player from Staples for $59. It came with WinDVD 2000 software. I installed the drive and booted the PC. Everything came up right and Windows found the drive. I put the WinDVD software in the drive and loaded it from the newly installed drive. Now I can't access any disc in the drive. I removed the WinDVD software and that didn't fix it. I removed the drive from my config and let Windows find it again and that didn't fix it. It won't read anything now. Anyone else have this drive that has experienced problems or is it Windows 2000 being difficult? Any input would be great. Thanks.

Bryce D

Grip
I had a similar problem with my AOpen DVD player in Win98SE.
What fixed it for me was letting Windows recognize the drive, then going into my system properties, and removing the DVD drive from teh hardware list, and then rebooting, and letting it detect it all over again. That seemed to fix my problem, and i havent had an issue with it since.
Im not sure if that will work in 2k or not, but give it a try.
Also jsut to cover the basic stuff, make sure your jumpers are all set properly, and your IDE cable is in good shape, and you plugged the drive in. I know basic stuff, but you gotta ask just to make sure. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks