What's new

Winamp - delays between tracks (1 Viewer)

Colin-H

Second Unit
Is there any way to make tracks butt seamlessly up against each other? I have many classical music CDs where one long piece of music is broken up into different tracks. When I rip this (or even just play the CD back with Winamp), there's a delay between tracks, totally ruining the music. Is there any way to get Winamp to move seamlessly from track to track??

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I believe there's an add-on that does this, but I don't recall the name. Personally, when I have tracks that run together(as is almost always done with classical music; I hate that) I'll rip them to a single file. If you don't want one huge track, you can split them between acts/movements. This method also allows you to normalize the volume without losing continuity within the piece. Just my two cents. I'm sure someone else will know the name of the program. Have you checked the WinAmp site?

Colin-H

Second Unit
Is there any way to tweak the crossfading in Winamp 3?

Crossfading is not exactly what I'm after. I just want to remove the gap. I want the tracks to butt directly up against each other. After the last second of track 1, the first second of track two should start. No fade, no gap.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I don't know anyone who hasn't gone back to winamp 2.x because of how nasty winamp 3 is.
the crossfader I use in winamp 2 is set by the millisecond and is quite customisable. I can't find the install file so here is the dll itself, give it a try.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks