Winamp 2.81 - How do you get it to "add" a song w/ a dbl-click??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by kurt_fire, Mar 14, 2003.

1. kurt_fire

kurt_fire Stunt Coordinator

For example, if I'm playing a song in Winamp 2.81, and I double-click on a different song in my music folder, Winamp stops and removes the song it's playing and starts playing the new song I double-clicked on. How can I get Winamp to just add that song to the playlist and not remove the one it's playing. I know I can right-click --->enque in Winamp, but can't I just double-click a song to add it instead of right click, move down, and enque. Thanks guys.

2. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I figured it out. Here is what you do. Pull up the menu. Go to, Options, Preferences. In the preferences, go to File Types, which is located under setup. Over on the far right side, just below the two Winamp logos will be three checkboxes. Check the one that says "Enqueue as default action". That will make it so that when you double click a file, it will add it to the current playlist.

3. kurt_fire

kurt_fire Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the help my friend.

4. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Normally your pull-down right-click menu should've offered "play in winamp" and "enqueue in winamp"...but if you have to have it via the double-click, then I guess that's the way to go. [​IMG]

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

No problem there, Kurt.