What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackstone

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
I grew up in Jamaica and I have always heard about the high quality of the Onkyo brand. It has always been a dream of mine to own one of your receivers and I would be elated if I was able to own one. If I was granted the opportunity to own this receiver I would use it to start on developing my home theater and have the Atmos experience in my home. I have never had the opportunity to experience this level of cinema sound quality and this would be a dream come true if I had this in my home. So please allow me to experience something I have never had before and grant me this dream.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Winning this receiver would help me reach my goal of a true 3D audio experience and would be my key piece in my home theater to tie everything together. From a UHD-Blu-ray player through the Onkyo receiver to a future 4K projector. Onkyo would be helping me finish my dream!

View attachment 19160

This is my old Onkyo Integra gear and it loved it!

View attachment 19073

Current System

View attachment 19074
This is part of the dream with the Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver being at the heart of it all and with the Altec A-7's residing behind the projection screen!

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to upgrade from my entry model Denon to something more powerful and with more formats. My Klipsch Reference 7s would love more power!

Jerry_W

Auditioning
i always like to have the latest. have always been eyeing onkyo's but never pulled the trigger. this would be a great opportunity to finally get one in my house!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Along with HT use my system needs to be great at classical music playback, and that means SACD playback. This Onkyo includes:

The Onkyo TX-NR1030 doubles the power with two 32-bit processing engines handling multichannel studio-master soundtracks along with a large variety of hi-res audio files, including 5.6 MHz DSD (the same format used for Super Audio CD).

This is supposed to permit enhanced DSD playback over the upgraded HDMI path, needed since almost all modern SACD drives now omit the multichannel analog path.

At the touch of a button on the front panel, Pure Direct Analog Path mode brings higher fidelity to vinyl, SACD, or CD playback via your home theater.

Scorpius1

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger
I have a house that came with overhead speakers which I've never used. This would fit right in and let me explore that new overhead sound feature.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
My present receiver has been acting a bit 'twitchy' on several HDMI inputs every since a lightning strike. I've been considering replacing the unit and 'free' would be a difficult price to beat.

- Walter.

jahnmel

Auditioning
Real Name
Jahn Grandstaff
Just received my Seymour AT screen and theater is still bare studs. Going to start pulling wire this weekend and would love to have this receiver to build around!

joe12345

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
im listening to music with my 4 15s and multicell horn whenever i want to invite a friend over to watch a movie i have to watch it with my little tower speakers a new 9.2 surround speaker would make a world of difference for movies it could almost compare to my music set up if i could just win a 4k tv as well...

guitarist64

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I could really use an upgrade because I am using two paper cups and a piece of string stretched from my house to my next door neighbor's stereo!!

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I have been getting ready to take my home theater to the next level. I have really been interested in Dolby Atmos and excited about its possibilities. This would be a great receiver to get that upgrade to the max!

crandreww1999

Auditioning
Real Name
Anne
Seriously need an upgrade to my former Panasonic 5.1 Home Theater/Blu Ray...the Blu Ray player/receiver crapped out only 18months after I bought it..was a great sounding system, Panasonic Discontinued the model, and am unable to get it fixed by anyone..

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to win this receiver because, I am buying a new house and money is going to be tight for a short while. The current Onkyo receiver that I have is a Onkyo TX-DS 939 from 1998! That receiver doesn't have dts, or component video, (which we don't see on too many units these days.) So, you know that there is not HDMI, air play, bluetooth, network radio and a whole lot of feature at all. It's been almost 2 decades since I purchased a surround receiver. It would be a nice addition to the new house in the home theater room my wife and I plan on having. Interestingly enough, I was looking at getting this exact model or the 3030. Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to win!!

mdownes

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin
I'm not happy with my current receiver. I recently bought an Onkyo CD player and I love it. I believe an Onkyo receiver is exactly what I need.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I would love a chance to upgrade my TX-SR805 which is an amazing receiver. I have a couple of Paradigm Atoms waiting in the wings to try Dolby Atmos if I win this bad boy.

Sara Christie Negron

Auditioning
Real Name
sara negron
Winning this would be incredible for me. My husband wants a stereo system so bad, but we simply can't afford it. The receiver is the most expensive component and if I could win it, I could get him the rest for Father's day :) He would be so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks