What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

Mornlith

Auditioning
Real Name
John Glaeser
My ideal Atmos setup is totally integrated into my wide-but-shallow multi-purpose family room in a 5.2.4 arrangement. My desired setup would be the Onkyo TX-NR1030 receiver mated to a 65" OLED (also on the wish list) and a suite of DIY speakers. Currently building Fusion Quad-4's for LCRs and Volt 6's for surrounds (both speaker types from diysoundgroup). I would then select a set of nice 6"-8" in-ceilings for the *.4 Atmos channels. Subs would be dual 12" Dayton Ultimaxes (sealed for WAF). I don't need much more than that, but this receiver is an ideal heart for the system.

ketanchand

Auditioning
This receiver will be perfect in my 2001: A Space Odyssey "HAL"-themed electronics tower. It even has a big red button on it. All those buttons look super cool on the receiver and I'll have so much fun pushing them. I can't wait to watch all my nerdy science fiction TV shows and movies in Dolby ATMOS! Woo hoo! Go Onkyo! I even love saying that with a fake Japanese accent ...

ON-KEEEEYOHHH!!!

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Dolby Atmos is the next logical step in my HT, and this beast would get me there. Thanks to all involved for doing this giveaway.

jbwhite99

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
The only accessory I don't see with this Onkyo TX-NR1030 receiver is an attachment for a kitchen sink.

Most receivers are missing something. They have only 1 output. Not this receiver - it has 3. A lot of new receivers have no red and white (composite) inputs to keep costs down - this receiver has a ton - so you can hook up a tape player or record player. Yet there are also a lot (8!) of HDMI inputs to feed in modern equipment like PCs and cable boxes and blu-ray players, as well as Ethernet to listen to the latest Taylor Swift album on spotify (ok, maybe not).

This would serve as the hub to my home theatre - tieing it all together. My current Onkyo receiver can't power this many speakers (I have 5.1 in the walls, with 2 outside speakers) - and it is all analog - no digital - so this would be a huge upgrade.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Honestly it is overkill for me in my current (and probably for-seeable future) living arrangements. But I've been having a weird HDMI problem on one device that may or may not be A/V receiver related. So at the very least I could swap out my receiver and see if it fixes the problem. Not the best or most practical use of current state of the art, but it would serve my needs.

- Walter.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
My ideal set-up would be identical speakers throughout the set-up with speakers elevated to get that surround feeling. Also, would have a man chair in the sweet spot for myself of course. Projection screen, HD 3D capable projector, and family to enjoy it with.

freddyhernandez

Auditioning
A 9.1.2 channel system would encompass the entire area around the listener. The separation of all those channels hitting you all at the same time would transform your world! (mind blown!!!)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I've been slowly building my theatre since the early 1990s. There may be some speaker cable left from that early setup, but without a doubt all of the other pieces have changed. There's definitely no more laserdisc player at the heart of it.
Sadly, my beloved but long-in-the-tooth Sony MDP E-800 preamp died this year, and I've been limping along on alternate gear while I figure out what should take its place. This amp is one I took a good long look at, but decided that it was out of my budget -- but seeing as how the power amps are a set of Ashly FET-500s that have XLR inputs that I've never used, this fella seems ideal. The last time there was a catastrophic theatre event, when my theatre room was submerged by a faulty sump pump, my speakers were the things that needed to be replaced, and I have been thrilled with the set of Sinclairs that I got. (The rest of the hardware was outside of the room, thankfully.) So I guess I'm saying that my ideal setup would be my Sinclairs, my Ashlys and this lovely Onkyo as the brains of it.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I'd love to convert my finished basement into a theater, perhaps in the style of a drive-in or along the lines of my favorite theater -- the Music Box -- which is in an old fashioned Spanish style decor. This amp would be a great first step forward to achieving this goal.

satsun

Auditioning
Real Name
David
My ideal setup would be at my PC with a few more speakers installed in the ceiling since I'm in a nice above-garage room. I've long since used Onkyo 7.1 receivers at my PC to provide myself with a great audio experience while gaming and it's about time I upgrade.

http://satsun.org

trento

Auditioning
Real Name
Rod
With the boss giving me the go ahead to upgrade and rebuild the man cave - Atmos is the way to go.

This is definitely a huge upgrade that would make all the difference in the final outcome!!!

Gladejr

Auditioning
Real Name
Coach
The 1030 is one power house of a receiver! It would certainly upgrade my home theater with first class sound. It would be a dream to own one, Onkyo kicks ass!

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Atmos would be a huge jump forward for my home theater since I am still watching (and enjoying!) movies using the "latest" early-2000s technology. I'd love to have an excuse to spend some time experimenting to find the best configuration.

catesmw

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
My ideal home theater would be one that is completely immersive in sound with effects firing from all directions as the director intended. I have owned multiple Yamaha receivers over the years and currently have a 9.2 RXA 2030 model,would this Onkyo ATMOS be convincing enough to make me a beliver and switch sides?

daryn67

Auditioning
Real Name
Daryn
OMG, I am newly divorced and ready to turn my den into a home theater man cave! This Onkyo receiver would be such a great way to restart my old hobby!

JFORTIER

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeremie
A nice home theater needs either a projector or a very large flat screen tv (plasma prefered), as well a nice receiver as this one.

But good speakers really brings it to another level for me, and if I only had a receiver like this Onkyo, those speakers would really sing!

gjr0720

Auditioning
Real Name
gerardo
Well I would to get that recivier because I here alot about atmos and don't know what is it about ,right now I have 3lcr's moderno speakers and 2 in-cilings mr6 and a avr denon with a klipsch 10" sub

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks