What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In an ideal world, I'd be able to carve out a dedicated home theater room in the house, with it's own contained air conditioning system, built it cabinets for movies, at least an 108 inch projector.

Since I don't live in the real world, I'd be happy swapping out a receiver that doesn't quite work all the time now for a new one and upgrading the TV to a 60 inch 3D display.

EManT2200

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leon
My ideal Dolby Atmos home theater. Let's see, an Onkyo TX-NR1030 AVR (would you have expected me to claim any other, LOL), 9.2.4 speaker layout ( 3 on the front wall, 2 on each sidewall and rear wall, 2 subs, 4 on the ceiling), 1080P 3D projector, 130" screen, and a theatre room to resemble a 1940's movie theater.

boosted

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Don't know what my ideal Dolby Atmos Home Theater would be, I have never setup an Atmos system but from what I have read I think an Onkyo TX-NR1030 and my Energy RC series speakers and an Oppo BDP-103 with my 70" Sharp should be a good learning experience.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm not sure what my ideal Atmos setup would be because I don't know what speakers I'd pair TX-NR1303 with. But replacing my current 7.1 channel Onkyo would give me the perfect excuse to start shopping for a new set, which I haven't done in the better part of 20 years. :D

robinboulton

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin Boulton
I had a sweet Onkyo stereo with ceiling speakers - a hail storm and ensuing flood reduced them to junk. This would be a great way to replace my system!

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Well, I'm planning a purchase of a UltraHD Blu-ray player and 4K TV soon, so the Onkyo will be an indespensable part of my system!

cenz

Auditioning
Real Name
Vince
It's a great way to upgrade my Onkyo TX SR602 non HDMI system into this century. The NR1030 9.2 will match great with my M&K speakers I'm thinking, especially when I add a few more on the ceiling. :)

davidWay

Auditioning
I have 1200 sq ft with 12 ft ceilings to build around this beast. I will use it to scare the hell out of people who have never experienced true hifi.

NickBuol

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicholas Buol
I've gotten my wife convinced that Atmos is amazing (yes, SHE is actually OK with the idea of expanding our theater), however with one daughter getting married in 2016, plus college loans coming due, money is super tight. So for me, my ideal theater is one that can keep up with the technology even though funding isn't going to be there. I already have overhead speakers bought, but need something to drive them. This Onkyo would be great.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
My ideal system is one that I could afford on my retirement income: I already have a Viera 60" ST-60 and there's not really any room in my house for a projector. I've still got a PS-3 that may not be ideal but it's paid for and does pretty much what I need. And I've got an Apple TV (ver 1). I have both Bose 901 (the original ones with real walnut cabinets) and Maggie MG-2A's. With my room there's not enough space for both, so I'd test them to see which sounded better. If I saved I could probably afford new center, side, rear, etc speakers -- which ones -- I'd go to a local store and listen.

sunshinehdfan

Auditioning
Real Name
lori byrd
My ideal system would be everything I'd need to have a great sound come out of tv and gaming system. That would be awesome.

Tralis

Grip
Real Name
Dab Brill
My ideal system would have the Onkyo NR1030 at it's heart to power 5 floorstanding speakers. I'd keep the four identical front and back floor-standings I have now and replace my horizontal center channel with an identical fifth channel. I'd have four in-ceiling speakers installed to complete the Atmos setup. I'd also replace my OLED TV with a DLP projector and pulldown screen.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I would love to own a Dolby Atmos receiver. It would be a natural upgrade over my incumbent Onkyo TX-NR808 A/V receiver, as well as a fine way to bring Dolby Atmos home to my main unit to help lead me into 50 next year!!!! I would then only need two more mountable speakers to complete my transition into Dolby Atmos...as well as a BIC Acoustech PLII speaker makeover of 7.1 channels, out of a potential 7.2.4-channel total Atmos setup, to boot!!!!

If I were to win this...then I would unconditionally celebrate my next birthday at home with an all-Dolby Atmos movie marathon to mark the occasion. :) :D :lol: :cool: :3dglasses:

billw6560

Grip
Real Name
Bill Walch
I've always been a avid supported of Dolby, with experiances even as far back as Dolby-A/B/C/SR/HXPRO, starting in the late 60's. This latest advance from Dolby will surely be something to behold. Well done Ray for such a great legacy.

Ed Orcutt

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Orcutt
I need a 4k receiver to complement my 4k monitor and this would definitely fit the bill. I would love the Atmos and Network connectivity as well. Good Luck everyone!

TheVid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gary Vidmar
Ideally a backyard bunker would be ideal for the theater (designed separate from the house, of course). I'm dreaming big here, so one of those home IMAX setups should complement the Dolby Atmos sound system quite nicely.

JasonWB

Auditioning
My ideal Atmos setup would be an Onkyo TX-NR3030 receiver, PSB speakers all around, and an SVS sub...or two! This would all be contained in the dedicated media closet (tv cabinet) in my personal man cave (living room).

Jason Holton

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
It would definitely become the nicest piece of equipment on my arsenal, replacing an Onkyo TX-NR515 that has become a bit temperamental lately. It would definitely be fun to see how it performs with my speaker and subwoofer setup which might be considered a bit on the low end to some. ;)

David Nash

Agent
Real Name
David
LOVE ONKYO! I've had my TX-DS797 driving my Def Tech speakers going on 17 years now. Can you say quality equals longevity? Only drawback now is no HDMI ports, so an upgrade would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks