What's new

Win a Pioneer Elite SC-95 Dolby Atmos Receiver (1 Viewer)

Fraydog07

Grip
Real Name
Zach Fraley
I want to upgrade to see what Atmos really sounds like in my living room! i already have a pioneer elite receiver, and i love them! im sure this would be the perfect choice for me!
20151102_130007_resized_1.jpg

eunoia

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Just doing the math here: (Pioneer Elite SC-95) 9.2 - (Pioneer RX-510) 2 = 7.2, that's gotta be an upgrade right? :D

There's a long-winded answer to the "why" that involves discussing how the idea of buying a serious home theater was unthinkable for me not so many years ago. I grew up amazed hearing that Hollywood producers had cinemas right in their homes! Now the dream has been real for a while, but the nagging question is always: It is too much?

Though you couldn't tell from my setup, I don't think the fantastic home theaters on this forum are an extravagance. Very average consumers are spending many thousands a year on content and if anything, we're cheaping out on the hardware side.

How much better was TV when dad upgraded the 21" in the living room for a 29"? A lot! How much better was the movie when you plugged the VCR into the stereo for the first time? Mindblowing!

Fast forward to today, movie soundtracks are incredibly sophisticated recordings costing millions to produce, and I want to hear them!

tl:dr: Awesome. Want in.

Attachments

• Pioneer RX-510.JPG
    Pioneer RX-510.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 92

ltworf

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
I have been using the Pioneer Elite for as long as I can remember. I love my AVR and I'm ready to upgrade. I only watch TV whether is regular tv shows or Movies in HD surround sound. There's no other way to watch tv in my house so this is the perfect move for me. I have a hug movies collection to make it all worth while. I got laid off a few years back and went back to school for 3 years so money is pretty tight right now, so you would make an old man very happy if you pick me :)

Attachments

• 20151101_230546.jpg
    20151101_230546.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53

Andy Ron

Auditioning
I would love to win this receiver. It would give me an excuse with the wife to buy more speakers and move stereo to bigger room and that would make me extremely happy.

Attachments

• Stereo 001.jpg
    Stereo 001.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 49

Gord Mordo

Auditioning
Real Name
Gord
With this picture I posted, not much needs to be said. I am in dire need of a whole new system. I dusted this one off for the picture as it is not used anymore. The sound coming from the speakers that are no longer connected is absolutely terrible. This system is old and needs to be retired!

Attachments

• stereo.jpg
    stereo.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 58

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446501679.608927.jpg

We may be buying a new home and moving next spring and my wife has promised I can put together a dedicated HT room again. That awesome receiver would be a welcome replacement to my 16year old Yamaha RX-V995.

zubinell

Auditioning
Real Name
jerry
I put our theater together on a low budget always buying High quality product at open box sales, floor model sales and wherever I could afford quality.

I was really bummed when my Onkyo TX-NR5009 failed. Even though it should of been warrantied, Onkyo would not honor it because I bought it at a 6 avenue store closing. I am struggling with a very old HK AVR85 until I find another deal on a high quality piece.

I could really enjoy a Pioneer SC-95

Attachments

• 20151101_0909051.jpg
    20151101_0909051.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 64

RyanFrohlich

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Frohlich
I'd like to upgrade to a Pioneer Elite SC-95 receiver because I have a very old JVC receiver/DVD player, It's underpowered for my sub and doesn't support Atmos. I love watching movies, and would love to have a mind blowing audio experience whenever I watch my movies.

Attachments

• 20151102_181728.jpg
    20151102_181728.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 54

donald197045

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald Almendarez
This is all I have an old Sony STR-K675P with some junky speakers that came with itthat you can't see in the picture because my junky phone is crap.I need this one badly!!1
Image0 (3).jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi!

Scotty, we need a new home theater yesterday!!!!!

IMG_1721.jpg

filmlover

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I have a lovely 120" front projection system with a lousy, cheap, error-prone receiver! Not only is not powerful enough to push my B&W bookshelf speakers, it frequently has HDMI handshake issues that cause audio and video dropouts! Sometimes I feel like throwing the thing through the window!

To get a high end, powerful receiver like the Elite SC-95 would be an incredible addition to our home theater. Plus, it will allow us to get a 2nd woofer!
20151031_2134252.jpg

ezdraft

Auditioning
Real Name
raff piemonte
just doing a renovation, system looks rad, i want it

Attachments

• home theater.JPG
    home theater.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 49

kfhaggerty

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken Haggerty
IMG_3042.JPG

Here's my "theater". I need to upgrade everything.
A great way to start doing so would be to take home this super-fine new Pioneer receiver.

Makkkk

Auditioning
Real Name
marshall
Hello I'm in the middle of renovations to our house.
The wiring for the home theater has been installed into the walls

and this is where I would like to plug the Atmos Pioneer SC-95 receiver into.

Attachments

• 20151102_164731.jpg
    20151102_164731.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48

Meriffic

Auditioning
Real Name
Maria Szanyi
869de5f9_vbattach102417.jpeg
Thanks for the chance to win! We have two kids and no joy in life anymore-- this would make our decade. LOL, just kidding. Our kids are kickass. I'd love to upgrade our receiver though! It's old and cuts in and out... We bought it refurbished so its time is up.

Ricoflashback

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
Why would I want to win the new Pioneer SC-95 Atmos Receiver?

#1 - for Dolby Atmos soundtracks

#2 - I am a Pioneer Elite fan who has enjoyed his Pioneer SC-65 receiver for a couple of years and trust Pioneer's products and am familiar with their designs.

Attachments

• RM HT_1.jpg
    RM HT_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 76

krep

Auditioning
Real Name
Gene Ulmer
2015-11-04 15.38.32.jpg

I would love to upgrade to this Pioneer receiver, which will bring me into the HDMI world. My present receiver is the Denon AVR-3803, purchased in 2003, have retired since this purchase and can't afford to buy a new receiver. The Denon is still a great receiver, never any trouble with it, I just need to upgrade to a receiver with HDMI switching and with the new Dolby and DTS codecs. Pick me, pick me, with hands waving in air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks