What's new

Win a Pioneer Elite SC-95 Dolby Atmos Receiver (1 Viewer)

Nascar-Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
I want to upgrade because I have really old hardware. My old Pioneer amp doesn't support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD let alone Dolby Atmos. It also does not support 4K Ultra HD or 3D video. It is time for an upgrade and this Pioneer Elite SC-95 would solve all my problems.

http://1drv.ms/1GxnxRu

mudfrog

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I would love a chance to try out the new Pioneer Elite receiver as well as Dolby Atmos. I have been less than happy with my current receiver, I've wanted to upgrade to an Elite for a while, but the wife always shuts that idea down. This would make the upgrade significantly easier :D

11582669713_b9524c1f9d_b.jpg

stevew11

Auditioning
Real Name
steven wenzel
Pathetic as it is, this is all I've got right now. I need a new receiver to start building a whole new system
20151028_111519.jpg

fyngyrz

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Been running with Marantz as my system core for about five years; it's definitely time to upgrade. It's a nice enough unit for a 1080p theater design, but 4k is here now, and frankly, there are some annoying bugs in the unit's firmware (particularly in the Internet rafio part, which I use a lot) and so I'm definitely ready for something different. We're really into movies, as you will easily see:

theht.png

Kevin Linke

Agent
We just upgraded to a 4k TV, but our ten year old audio system just isn't cutting it anymore. We're starting a new project for which testing on a new top-of-the-line system would be amazing. Plus Pixels in Atmos would be the tops.

Attachments

• IMG_20151028_112646016.jpg
    IMG_20151028_112646016.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 102

Steven Phipps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Phipps
I currently have a 7.2 system, but I am very interested in the Dolby Atmos upgrade! For that extra surround that I feel I am missing…I guess a couple more speakers will be needed for this as well…

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100

Joe Rosiak

Agent
Real Name
Mr. Wizard
I'd like to upgrade because I need to refresh all of my hardware. My Sony Receiver is from 2000 and has no HDMI ports. My projector is from 2005 and my screen is painted on. My goal was to upgrade my hardware as time went on, but then we had children. If I win this receiver, I can put the money I would have spent on the receiver towards a new projector and/or screen.

IMG_0009.JPG

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I want this upgrade so that I can review Dolby Atmos titles and tell everyone how great the experience is :)

Edit: Finally, here are a couple of quick iPhone shots of my set-up.

IMG_4065V2.png

IMG_4067v2.png

sideswiper

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Fowler
As you can see i own a lot of Pioneer Products My TV is a OLD But still working Great Pioneer Elite Pro 720 RPTV, I added a HD Fury 3 to it so it does now have 2 HDMI Ports & also deciphers HDCP.

My Stereo is a Pioneer Elite VSX 30,All my Speakers are Pioneers, Pioneer DV-490V DVD Player, Motorola DSR-922 4DTV Sat. Receiver been buying Pioneer Products for close to 40 Years my First Pioneer Home Stereo was a Pioneer SX 1280.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    673.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 317.JPG
    317.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • pioneer-sx-1280-front2.jpg
    pioneer-sx-1280-front2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 128

ahuesjp

Auditioning
Real Name
Juan Ahues-Vasquez
It would be awesome to be able to hear Atmos at home. I am thinking of upgrading my speakers to a Golden Ear system system, including the Invisa ceiling speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_5289.JPG
    IMG_5289.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 72

paries

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
want to upgrade for my receiver

Attachments

• 20150525_214340.jpg
    20150525_214340.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 91

arsis

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I have ALS and have lost the use of my arms and legs. I'm a 20 year audio engineer and have always had a passion for movies. I now spend most of my time watching movies. Thankfully I bought my system before my diagnosis. No chance to upgrade to Atmos as I am now on disability. I currently have an older Pioneer that has been fantastic. Hosting weekly movie night is how I stay active with my friends.

#EvenWithALS
Strength of Love on FB

theater front.jpeg

500x1000px-LL-f79dbcd1_Speakers16.jpeg

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
I've had 3 previous Pioneer surround receivers and they have all performed flawlessly. I'd be proud and thrilled to add the SC-95 as the next generation to my home theater.

HT.JPG

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I'd like to upgrade my old Denon 5803 non-HDMI receiver and get it into the current decade.

TheraterPic.jpg

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Just upgraded my secondary HT late last night (refurb Marantz 5010) so I can at least sample the new formats (have not had the chance to watch anything at this point). My current main system is 9.2 and I had in ceilings installed several months back in anticipation of the new formats. I know that once I sample the new formats in the secondary system I'm going to have a bad case of upgraditis and going to need to upgrade the main system before the condition gets worse and I need serious treatment. :D So please let me win it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Main Aug 14 HTF.jpg
    Main Aug 14 HTF.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 69

gfrancis0

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
We haven't been to a movie theater in over 10 years and keep upgrading our home theater. We remodeled part of the basement a few years ago to make the experience now even better than going out. As soon as I read about Atmos I told the wife that is going to be the next upgrade from our present Yahama/JBL 7.2 config. I have already prewired for the speakers, just a matter of getting a good deal on the new hardware. A free Atmos AVR is a pretty good deal, sign us up for that!

Theater Riser7c.jpg

Theater Riser6c.jpg

Judgeless

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean Havanas
Here is a pic of my current setup.

91.jpg

stereo.jpg

I am a huge fan of Pioneer. Everything on the rack is Pioneer except the VCR. This unit has been great for many years but I think it is time to upgrade.

Currently I have an old laptop connected to the receive to stream Panora or mp3's. It would be so great to have a receiver with WiFi that can do that. It would be amazing to win a receiver. I would upgrade everything in that room (family room).

jeepaholic

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Pospeshil
I am not going to tell you why I deserve to win this receiver, nobody deserves to win this. If I do win, it will be the crown jewel in my life-long dream of a dedicated home theater. I've been building a system for 20+ years now and after lots of scrimping and saving, I'm building a dedicated theater in my basement. I'm building a 14 X 16 theater and was planning on filling it with my Pioneer Elite SC-05 (purchased used) pushing Celestion monitors (purchased used). Since the picture only shows my room under construction, I'll tell you what I'm currently running:

Celestion KR2 mains

Celestion 5.25" unidentified full-range drivers for the rear channels (amazing drivers, just incredible!)

Craptastic Advent center channel

Home-built subwoofers loaded with Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" and Soundstream monoblocks pushing them (125 WPC?)

LG 50" plasma TV

I'm very proud of my current setup; it's been a slow process due to the nature of a single-income household. If I win this, I would happily give the SC-95 a workout. And as a show of appreciation, I will gift the SC-05 to a friend who, like me, is slooowly building a system due to family financial obligations.

My current room:

IMG_1748_zpsoyr6kema.jpg

This is very early in the process, it's farther along than this right now. Three of the walls are built, and will be wired shortly. About a year ago I found a place of worship THROWING AWAY theater seats. I offered to sell as many of them as I could to help them recoup renovation costs. They gave me 10 seats to thank me for helping them. I would be able to have the SC-95 up and running in my theater before the snow melts!

I hope all of this makes sense. I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts onto the screen.

Thank you for your consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks