What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleskoolc

Auditioning
Real Name
Cedric Harrison
I used to be a sales associate in an electronics store when home theater was first introduced to the public. Marriage, kids, and life in general took my away from home theater entertainment. I'm ready to kick back and enjoy it again watching movies with my wife now that the kids are older and into their own groove. My ideal home theater setup would start with winning this Denon X5200 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR and building from there. I would need to reeducate myself on what I need being away from the electronics atmosphere.

Thank you for the opportunity to win this great receiver and to start enjoying the movies again!

Frank001

Auditioning
Real Name
Francisco Bautista
I have all the speakers ready for Dolby Atmos. All of them are Martin Logan; Fresco as center channel, Mosaics as fronts, Montages as sorruonds, Helos for the ceiling, Encores as front wides and Depth as Sub. Just missing the most important part, the Denon amplifier with Atmos capability. I've being looking for the Denon AVR-X4100, but I would be awesome to add the Denon X5200 instead!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Adam Gregorich said:
Want to listen to action thriller Insurgent in Dolby Atmos at home, but you don't have a compatible system yet? Thanks to our friends at Dolby and Denon, we are giving away an X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver. In addition to being Dolby Atmos capable, the receiver supports Wi-FI, Bluetooth and has 8 HDMI inputs. Tell us in a couple of sentences what your ideal Atmos home theater setup would be. One lucky member will win this receiver and a copy of Insurgent in Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray!

denon.jpg

Winner will be chosen at random on 9/12 from all valid entries. Shipping address must be in the US or Canada. Winner must be over 18 and will have a week to respond to the notification or another winner will be chosen.
Well, it would be this reciever (hint, hint) And a bunch of Klipsch speakers. Height channels on the ceiling, the works.

frjobin

Auditioning
Real Name
francois jobin
I'm definitely planning to put the drivers of those 380se into the wall with mdf cabinet so we won't see these large cabinets for side surrounds and for multichannel stereo listening( they rock solid! They are connect to the proton d1200 wich delivers astonishing power, put back in front my millenia 300 for clear voices,replace my pioneer sc37 with the denon 5200 and place 4 inceiling speakers for atmos! Wow that would be awsome

frjobin

Auditioning
Real Name
francois jobin
I'm definitely planning to put the drivers of those 380se into the wall with mdf cabinet so we won't see these large cabinets for side surrounds and for multichannel stereo listening( they rock solid! They are connect to the proton d1200 wich delivers astonishing power, put back in front my millenia 300 for clear voices,replace my pioneer sc37 with the denon 5200 and place 4 inceiling speakers for atmos! Wow that would be awsome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47

vic40204

Auditioning
Real Name
Vic
This receiver along with my Energy RC 70 fronts LRC center, RC 10s, and Veritas v mini's.In a new home would be great.

Thanks Al.

Luc Labelle

Agent
The Denon X5200W would combine with my existing Jamo and Paradigm speaker system to bring to life the Dolby Atmos experience, resulting in the initial viewing of Insurgent blowing the walls away in my over 100 year old house. The resulting insurance claim will allow me to rebuild the perfect theatre room and speaker setup to live up to the Denon standards.

wriyaz

Auditioning
Real Name
wijahat
I would like to set up a home theater system at my home with the Denon X5200W, so I can enjoy watching TV shows and movies on a big screen with my family and friends.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
davidmatychuk said:
If I had Dolby Atmos in my home, I might get over my Dolby Atmos fear. Get it? Atmosfear? I'm here all week, folks!
What's that then? Fear of heights. :lol:

I have fear of heights standing on stepladders or anything so I can get close to the ceiling to fit mine up.

I prefer original mixes but the scene in ALIEN where it runs off the table across more less on stage right, its like pan it into the mono surrounds as well (but that doesn't happen with the surrounds) so it would be cool if, we hear the creature moving off in the direction but here's the thing!!

The table is only so long and evidently in less than few seconds the ALIEN will be on the floor and there is no true floor below surround to do this with. Otherwise it would cool to hear it on the table knocking items off the table above on the stage channels and then plates and such floor on the floor that we hear, then the skin like weight of the ALIEN creature feet running across the floor right below surround out to back right corner floor speakers that should be placed rather low to the floor.

I might think about buying now a Denon avr-x4100w its reasonable mid budget and it has other features asides from Atmos. I can also weight for the price to lower further down from £645.00 to £400.00 or wait for a S/H one? I'm not that much in a hurry.

johnny..bon

Second Unit
Real Name
John
a Denon X5200W reciever, Powered by Crown pro amps with SVSPB12Plus2 Subwoofer & Swan speakers.

stallej

Auditioning
Real Name
john
My ideal Atmos home theater setup would be the same as my old 5.1 setup. In my living room that has an open concept with dining room behind. In other words… 20 feet of glorious space directly behind my couch and in front for all speakers with 25 feet of spacing between left and right for both front and rears. I’ve never experienced true surround sound better than this! Not even in movie theatres!

kamaldsh

Auditioning
Real Name
Kamal
I am new to the home theater area and have started thinking about building one in the last few months. So currently I am researching to get info on the required components that would make a great home theater. I happened to land at this site while looking for home theater forums and saw this. Denon is one of the receiver brand that I have shortlisted but the model that I have in mind is X4200W and so this will be a welcome upgrade.

Anyway my ideal home theater would be a 5.1 system to start with that would include a good projector (e.g. Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5030UB). It should be future proof to allow me over time to convert it into a 7.2 or even 9.2 system. Cost wise I would like to spend as much as I can get break even after 5 years considering the saving from outside movie expenses which I have estimated to be around $100 per month.

BarracudaRon

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Miller
I'd want to attach to all 8 HDMI ports with various components, from game consoles(all of them), to a high end blu-ray player, my laptop and a 65" 4k UHD TV. That's my ultimate setup!

Gecko

Auditioning
Real Name
Kamran Grasselli
I'm ready in the next step of my audio evolution from an Onkyo TX-SR806!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
There has to be better ways to justify to family, loved ones and neighbors as to why you are moving so far away; when all reason and logic does not work and anything else has served only to hurt, insult or confuse. I mean it, try telling any one of them that it's because you simply want to live within a vast state-of-the-art home theater. Chances are, they will only want to come closer; which is what you don't want; as many have already displayed an inability in knowing how to shut up and stop jabbering during a classic RAH or Crisp restoration. It seems that I have surrounded myself with a circle of people who neither know how to watch nor know how to listen.

Talk about sound and fury.

Such technical advancements as a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR should be reserved only for those who can fully appreciate the finest in Caviars and Crystals. Any prior viewings of impressive upgrades in BD picture and sound in the company of such aforementioned friends, family and neighbors upon lesser - but decent - technologies have surely proven to be mere examples of pearls before swine; as they so stupidly believe that they are watching "only a movie"; despite my cries that they are watching a 20th century art form known as film.

BUT...install a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR into my meager and tiny viewing space and everyone in the wee hours will be shouting, calling and pounding at my door to turn the volume down. Yes, thanks to the possibility of winning this one single item that others thought once to be so unaffordable to me, will now become my very ticket out.

"Yes", I will say to neighbors and loved ones, "It is true. I am selfishly disturbing and keeping you up at all hours of the night...and it is wrong of me to keep playing it to all its glory; but, certainly, you couldn't ask of me to give this Demon Denon back! Could you? Really?!! But it was a gift!!! And it would be so utterlly rude of me to even attempt the return of this wonderful prize, when so many others had coveted the same.

Finally, I will propose my solution to all. I will make it as if I were making the ultimate sacrifice. And THAT is when I'll say..."I will leave this tiny dwelling. I must...if not for me, then for the sake of all those to whom I love. I will move to a larger, more private space. I will move far enough away, so not even the wind will be able to carry its power and sound to your sleepy little ears."

Yes...the Denon X5200W shall become my only guiltless ticket out of such a dwelling.

Yes...let them think that it is their idea that I should leave.

- PMF

mrcapncaveman

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry
My current Home Theater consists of a 1980's Pioneer system that rocks pretty good but has about a zero % sound quality, it is hooked up through the 50in TV and seems to be the place where all of my friends want to watch the big games, on the other hand I have a kickin PC with over 700 movies and thousands of songs that are all stored on my NAS. No good for the old Pioneer system.....So to answer the question the X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver would fit the bill more than I could ever imagine to be the perfect home theater. I would most certainly purchase a second bass speaker for the full effect, Lets go big right! My friends and I would be eternally greatful.

Richard_R

Auditioning
If it's not too late, my ideal Atmos home theater system would include some great recliners, brand-new speakers for all channels, this excellent Denon receiver, and some fine company with whom to share it. Thanks for doing these contests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks