1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Adam Gregorich, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Wood

Eric Wood Stunt Coordinator

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1's across the front and the 170's elevated front and 200's in surround capacity. My VMPS Original (powered) Sub should do the trick in my present HT room...that would be my ideal HTPC utilizing Dolbly Atmos to its utmost.

2. cinciw2

cinciw2 Auditioning

Wayne Weinheimer
    My ideal Dolby Atmos would be winning the Denon X5200W Receiver, and then adding a few more PSB speakers to be 5.1.4 or 7.1.4. Insurgent would be the first Dolby Atmos blu-ray we would watch, and then the second would Mad Max: Fury Road! We would look forward to more kid-friendly movies to be released with Dolby Atmos and watch them with our 6-year old son on our standard Friday movie night, with buttered popcorn and Orange Crush of course!

3. wood29

wood29 Auditioning

colby
    THIS IS AWESOME!!! My favorite company Denon. I would love to be able to experince Dolby Atoms, and great Atoms titles that will be released on bluray. I loved Insurgent, something was telling me to wait, this may be the perfect opportunity. My ideal setup would be these two!!

Attached Files:

4. bcmax

bcmax Auditioning

Marc
    Winning this receiver would catapult me into upgrading the rest of my system to Dolby Atmos.

5. ellisr63

ellisr63 Stunt Coordinator

Ron
    The Denon X5200W would be a great step toward completing my HT setup. All I need is one more pair of speakers, and the Atmos processor. Good luck to all as this will be a great gift for someone.

6. Shavian

Shavian Auditioning

Marc
    What I've got right now is decent for the space I'm in, with 5.1 surround and a 48.5" screen, but obviously it doesn't come close to an Atmos system. My speakers and sub are over 20 years old, from Cambridge Soundworks, and so I'd either have to buy additional speakers to match or replace them all. In terms of a receiver, it would obviously have to be 4K and 3D compatible with at least four HDCP 2.2 inputs, which, of course, should all meet the latest HDMI 2.0a specs.

7. csc0709

csc0709 Auditioning

Chris
    Awesome contest! Good luck to everyone! This would be an excellent upgrade to my already outdated Pioneer Elite 7.2 receiver with no HDMI inputs or USB. Been looking for the next best receiver to upgrade.

8. Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz Lead Actor
    Supporter

Dave Moritz
    Winning this receiver would not only upgrade me to Dolby Atmos but upgrade my aging receiver that is out dated and needs to be replaced. Family and friends would also enjoy movies in Dobly Atmos.

9. GuyR

GuyR Auditioning

Guy
    One of my three Denons just gave up the ship after a long and loyal period of service. So, I am definitely excited about a chance to win the X5200W. My ideal setup would be to relocate my 4311CI and it's 11.2 system to another media room and upgrade the Main room to Atmos with the X5200W.

10. jrw

jrw Auditioning

J
    For me, I would have two (2) in ceiling Dolby Atmos enabled speakers, seven (7) traditional speakers, and a powered subwoofer connected to a Denon X5200W receiver as a companion to a Samsung UN55JU7100 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D and Denon DBT-3313UDCI Blu-ray player.

11. Maggie fan

Maggie fan Auditioning

Jerry
    Sure would look good under the Sony big screen. Maggies front and center, Boston Acoustics CR65 and CR 85 for the sourounds, Older MTX in the ceiling above the Maggies for the overhead sound. Life would be sweet indeed, and sound even better.

12. James M

James M Stunt Coordinator

The X5200W would be a dream come true. I'm a little low on funds at the moment, so this beast would be the start of great things to come home theater-wise!

13. moke

moke Auditioning

Mark Graham
    The sound of cinema has become increasingly complex as producers weave dialogue, music, and effects into rich, mega-tracked tapestries. Dolby Atmos is a technological wonder that offers access to the full spectrum of this audio craftsmanship as the creative artists intended. It’s exciting to know that Denon with Dolby Atmos is available to turn our dens and living rooms into true home theatres.

14. Yuki14

Yuki14 Auditioning

David
    I have a dedicated Home Theater that is a 11.2 system using the Yamaha RX-Z1 receiver. I have been running ceiling speakers for about 10 years using the Circle Surround 3X Multi-Channel Surround Processor. I need to upgrade my receiver to take advantage of the Dolby Atmos and the Denon receiver would be a great replacement for my old Yamaha Receiver.

15. mrberns

mrberns Auditioning

John
    Ideal? Hard to really imagine, but realistically, with maybe one splurge item? I'd buy another pair of RTi3's and mover them over to the sides. Upgrade my Diamond 9.CS to a 10.CM. Probably upgrade my Diamond 9SR's to some Diamond 10's. Pick up a Rhymik F12, and then go nuts on a pair of Airdales. I bounce between music and home theater a lot, so those Airdales and the F12 would be a pretty amazing vinyl setup, while the RTi3s would provide a fantastic punchy zone for films backed up by a strong but subtle rear zone from the Diamonds. I'd dig it.

16. jcomito33

jcomito33 Auditioning

Joe Comito
    I would have the 7 main speakers, 4 ceiling speakers and 1 subwoofer.

Atmos would sound so good I'm sure, my current setup sounds great but I would love to add 2 more ceiling speakers for Atmos.

17. TimWalsh

TimWalsh Auditioning

It's official. My 2012 Hitachi rear projection just crapped the bed. Need to upgrade to a new 4K LED but my old sound system powered by and old Denon and Adcom 5550 won't do the trick anymore with new technology. The new Denon would be a saving grace :)

18. Denton

Denton Stunt Coordinator

Denton
    I'm still running 5.1 and I'm in the market for a new HT receiver. My son has gotten pretty good at installing speakers in the ceiling, too. It sounds to me like it is the perfect time to win this Denon and replace the old Denon!

19. polygaryd

polygaryd Auditioning

NATE
    I have been into movies for the longest time, have a giant dvd collection and now blu ray and blu ray 3d, I have the panasonic ae2000u projector on a 104" screen I built, but no surround system at all. Its hooked up to an old 1978 marantz stereo which sounds good but obviously cant take advantage of any surround sound. I've been trying to save for a while for a nice receiver and cant seem to make it happen. I would love this setup, I need this setup to complete my ht setup.

20. Makkkk

Makkkk Auditioning

marshall
    The X5200 would be a terrific addition to my newly renovated home theater room!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.