1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Adam Gregorich, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottmoberly

scottmoberly Auditioning

Scott Moberly
    Building new house....this AVR would be the perfect center piece to my audio visual set up.

2. cinefan

cinefan Extra

Stephen
    I would love this AVR to replace my aging Yamaha. I'd use it to start building a new system replacing my mostly ten year old gear.

3. kelpiejethro

kelpiejethro Auditioning

Alan Lindabery
    My ideal setup would be this receiver with an 88" ultra hd with 3d blu-ray, 11 speaker surround speakers. All my game machines, xbox 1, playsatation 4, wii-u, alienware pc, Surrounded by my wife and 4 kids watching the LOTR extended trillogy...mmmm

4. jdaddieo

jdaddieo Auditioning

Jeff Remm
    This AVR would be at the heart of my new system with DIYSG 1099's for LCR and then Volt 10's for surround and back and Volt 8's for the Atmos. I would enhance this system with an Oppo 103DB Blu-ray player and an Outlaw 7125-7 power amp to put things over the top. I would add in some absorption and diffusion as REW advised. To protect everything would be a Panamax M 5400-PM. And to balance out the room for the low end 2 SVS PB13-Ultra's with a mini-DSP Balanced to fine tune these bad boomer's. For viewing I would add in an Epson 5030UB projector with a Seymour AT 135" 2.35 curved screen and masking panels.

5. spdfrk95

spdfrk95 Auditioning

Matt Bennett
    Would love to have this as a starter for a Home Theater System! Working on the set up now, and this would really give me an excuse to buy some great speakers and would finally get the ok from the Mrs to actually buy them!

6. laguna2

laguna2 Auditioning

stephen edwards
    Perfect upgrade for my aging 1909, maybe add 1 more set of Polk surrounds...WiFi.... Bluetooth....perfect!

7. brashbostonian

brashbostonian Auditioning

Richie
    Ideal set up would be... a cellar man cave possibly w/ a Denon 2900 and a DCM-560.

8. williammoore

williammoore Agent

William Moore
    I already have a 7.1 channel set-up in my LR with my Marantz SR7007 receiver, Boston speakers all around, Velodyne sub and Pioneer KRP-600M display; so I would need to install a pair of ceiling speakers, perhaps midway back in the room and that would do it for me. All my wiring is either inside the walls or under the floor, which makes for a nice installation. I have never heard Dolby Atmos so that would be a great experience for me.

9. Thomas Nichols

Thomas Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Ideally, my ideal Atmos setup would be one that fit in my house.

I prefer 7 channel surround to 5. I feel like the sound field is more enveloping in a 7 channel setup. In that way, I feel like the .4 Atmos setup would be the best. So I guess I would like the 7.1.4 setup.

10. DBUSZKO

DBUSZKO Auditioning

Dennis Buszko
    My idea setup would be to win this Denon as my previous Home Theater was taken out by a nasty electrical storm we had a few years ago.

It would be really awesome to be able to have the home theater experience back at home to share with my family and kids.

11. Steve Satch

Steve Satch Stunt Coordinator

I haven't upgraded ny equipment in so long that this would make my day. The Atmos would clearly be the star of my HT.

12. inigo2

inigo2 Auditioning

Dan i
    Step 1 would be a light-proof room, and step 2 would be replacing my current Onkyo with this receiver + surround speakers. Step 3 would be rarely leaving that room.

13. olrac

olrac Auditioning

Gus
    I'd use this to replace the Yamaha I've been using for nearly 10 years. Eventually I'd add some new rear satellites, but I'd be most excited about adding a 2nd, and maybe 3rd, zone. The remote app will be awesome to facilitate this!

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    My ideal atmos theater would be a nice, dedicated theater room in a new home. Having a multi-use space in an apartment is getting old. Every time I start looking at house listings I'm looking to see if it has the appropriate space for a dedicated HT.

15. Jim MacKrell

Jim MacKrell Auditioning

2808CI not up to UHD. Everything else is. Feeling deprived. Needanu AVR!

16. visionrcr

visionrcr Auditioning

steven fronk
    I can't even say, it would be sick though. Also, I just love Denon so that would be awesome. :)

17. Mike_Ker

Mike_Ker Auditioning

Would love to upgrade my old Sony ES 5.1. This would no doubt fit the bill.

Thanks for the opportunity.

18. SteveSs

SteveSs Stunt Coordinator

Steve
    I am intrigued by the possibility of more, but smaller, speakers. I am in a smaller room with only 10 feet between the screen and the couch.

19. everett smith

everett smith Auditioning

High ceilings, low lights, sub-woofer seats, popcorn and possibly a guest chair next to my sweet spot. I'd probably have a low level light for the water bowl so my dogs can refresh themselves without interrupting the movie.

20. eyedoc71

eyedoc71 Auditioning

brian yee
    I also have 7.2 already, been enjoying my home theater for a number of years...been itching to do an expansion, so...my ideal atmos setup would be to expand that to 9.2! Thanks for the opportunity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.