What's new

Win a Copy of Dexter Season 5 on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Earlier, Home Theater Forum members had the ability to submit questions for Sound Mixer Greg Agalsoff who worked on Season 5 of Dexter which is now available on Blu-ray with a Lossless Dolby TrueHD soundtrack. In the video below Greg answers the following questions:

• How did you become a sound mixer?
  • Is all of the audio for Dexter captured on the set?
  • How does the improved audio playback in the home affect your work?
  • Are there any secrets to capturing dialog on a set?
  • Does the wide dynamic range in Dexter present special challenges for you?

Thanks to Dolby for allowing our members to ask questions, and for providing some copies of Dexter The Fifth Season to give away. To win one, simply list your favorite sound effect from any Dexter season and why you like it. It could be a musical cue, a foley effect or ?.

Four winners will be drawn at random. To win you must be over 18 and live in the US or Canada. Contest closes on 11:59PM on Friday September 30th.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if I am allowed to enter the contest with the following answer. I actually haven't seen a second of Dexter. Always wanted to but just never got around to start buying the seasons (don't think I've stumbled upon a can't miss deal for them). It probably isn't a good thing to win S5 anyway as then it would mean I'd need to spend $100+ to get the first 4 seasons. Hopefully I'll find a great deal for S1 this holiday season.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Dexter's opening titles are great overall, but I especially like the sound of the razor as it scrape's against his neck. It's very exaggerated and makes my skin crawl. I love it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My favorite is the sound of hundreds of eyebrows raising all at once upon reading the question "what is your favorite sound effect from Dexter, and why?" I like it because I was a part of it. :) That would, of course, be superseded by the sound my wife will make if I tell her we won a copy of season 5 on BD!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by AnthonyP

I'm not sure if I am allowed to enter the contest with the following answer.

I actually haven't seen a second of Dexter. Always wanted to but just never got around to start buying the seasons (don't think I've stumbled upon a can't miss deal for them).

It probably isn't a good thing to win S5 anyway as then it would mean I'd need to spend $100+ to get the first 4 seasons. Hopefully I'll find a great deal for S1 this holiday season.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to entries. If you haven't seen it feel free to tell me about your favorite sound effect from something else and why it is your favorite. I've just done too many post-to-enter contests lately and wanted to spice things up a bit.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Personally I have always loved the entire sound pallate when he is setting up for an "event". The music, the plastic, getting everything just so. It just seems like a nice, steady build up to the torture. And the times he's had to act without the pre-ritual, not having that sound pallate really shows the contrast from when he's had a chance to plan everything perfect.

MSGjk

Auditioning
Real Name
John Knight
The sound effects in the credits /opening sequence are great.I have been able to watch it in HD from our cable.

bipple305

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Lepak
I usually don't like the "theme song" or the opening credits music of a show. But I always listen to the opening score from Dexter instead of just fast forwarding through if like I do with Entourage nd other shows I follow closely.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
How about when Dexter smacks the fake human heads that are filled with the blood like fluid to see the splatter pattern, makes a pretty interesting sound.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I enjoy the voiceovers (by Dexter) at the end of alot of episodes while the slow music plays. It kind of winds you down after what is usually a frenetic episode, and it gives clues to what is coming. Excellent!

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
The chewing on the food in the opening is good. And, I do not know if this counts; but, I like the "screechy" music. And, thanks for offering the opportunity to ask questions and have them answered. This is one of the reasons why the HTF rises above other sites-information and features like this, not just because of the contest.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
The sound of the knife piercing someones heart when he kills someone in the kill room. Such an understated sound for a horrible act.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
bipple305 said:
I usually don't like the "theme song" or the opening credits music of a show. But I always listen to the opening score from Dexter instead of just fast forwarding through if like I do with Entourage nd other shows I follow closely.
I always watch/listen to the intro as well and crank it up. Love the bass line and the sizzle of the steak!

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I've. Been a huge fan of Dexter since the. Beginning. Unfortunately do to our economic problems I was not able to watch S5 when it aired. There are only two shows that I watch the openings to each episode to. One would be Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The other is Dexter. I can't wait to hear the opening blast over my earphones on blue ray!'ve. Been a huge fan of Dexter since the. Beginning. Unfortunately do to our economic problems I was not able to watch S5 when it aired. There are only two shows that I watch the openings to each episode to. One would be Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The other is Dexter. I can't wait to hear the opening blast over my earphones on blue ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks