1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win 10 compatibility mode works with XP utility In-Tune

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Dennis Nicholls, Feb 8, 2018.

1. 1 Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    I don't remember whether previous versions of Windows had a "compatibility mode", but Win 10 does.

I used to use the great instrument tuner "In-Tune" from Music Masterworks. IIRC it was used on my old XP machine. I don't recall it ever working on my Win 7 desktop.

I recently started using my violin again and downloaded In-Tune to my now-upgraded Win 10 64 bit desktop. It wouldn't run. But if you right-click the desktop shortcut, it allows you to select "troubleshoot compatibility" mode. The system tries to run the application under various previous Windows environments. I discovered that In-Tune would still run under the XP compatibility mode, and that Win 10 would remember to use XP compatibility mode for the application in the future. This is a great thing to learn about.

Musicians: In-Tune is now available for free here: http://www.musicmasterworks.com/creditorder.html I paid $15 for it back in 2004.