What's new

Win 10 compatibility mode works with XP utility In-Tune (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I don't remember whether previous versions of Windows had a "compatibility mode", but Win 10 does.

I used to use the great instrument tuner "In-Tune" from Music Masterworks. IIRC it was used on my old XP machine. I don't recall it ever working on my Win 7 desktop.

I recently started using my violin again and downloaded In-Tune to my now-upgraded Win 10 64 bit desktop. It wouldn't run. But if you right-click the desktop shortcut, it allows you to select "troubleshoot compatibility" mode. The system tries to run the application under various previous Windows environments. I discovered that In-Tune would still run under the XP compatibility mode, and that Win 10 would remember to use XP compatibility mode for the application in the future. This is a great thing to learn about.

Musicians: In-Tune is now available for free here: http://www.musicmasterworks.com/creditorder.html I paid $15 for it back in 2004.

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I got a new laptop so I downloaded In-Tune for it. It works right out of the box on the laptop running Win 10 21H2. I also tried it on my desktop running Win 11 21H2 and it looks like it works there too (no mic at present). I would guess compatibility mode is better in Win 10 these days, although a compatibility troubleshooter is still present.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks