What's new

Win 10 21H2 Update rollout issues (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I just installed the 21H2 update. It appears to be a small thing - install took about a minute. I hit reboot and went and took my morning pills. When I returned it had already finished rebooting and accepted my log on. This took less time than a generic Patch Tuesday install.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I installed it on a "test" desktop and was nagged to use a MS login instead of the *local* login I use and prefer. I took the time to do "feedback" on that one...

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I was offered and installed 21H2 on my desktop and laptop, but it still hasn't been "offered" on my closet system (old Intel E7500 Wolfdale box). It also didn't bring up any news about why Win 11 won't install on that old system. I expected MS to give me a raspberry on that old system but they didn't.

I wonder whether MS has some internal schedule where they will no longer offer Win 10 updates to processors older than X generations. Wolfdale really is pretty long in the tooth these days. Intel does have a public chart of processors that support Win 10:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html

According to the chart my Sandy Bridge laptop and Wolfdale closet PC don't support Win 10, but I've been running Win 10 on them for 5 years now.

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
OK this morning checking for Win Update on the closet system, I finally got a raspberry message that "can't upgrade to Win 11". But still no offer of 21H2.

Edit: Since I want to pack the closet system away for another half year, I gave up waiting and installed "MS Update Assistant". This let me force an update to 21H2. It was shocking how long it took: something like 3 hours. Then I did whatever updates were waiting for the system to be 21H2. With a new backup this took something crazy like 4 hours overall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks