What's new

Willow (2022) - Season 1 (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I just finished the season finale and what an absolute gem of a season. The show is just a lot of fun. And I may be one of few but I really enjoy the music they are using.

Oh, and I hope that the little scene at the end comes true.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just finished the season finale and what an absolute gem of a season. The show is just a lot of fun. And I may be one of few but I really enjoy the music they are using.

Oh, and I hope that the little scene at the end comes true.
I thought the music worked this time.

I do hope we see what they must have planned.

my guess on December 28 came true that the Kymerian cuirass did not work for Boorman, but would work for Kit.

I was surprised that Airk actually survived the episode and apparently was purified. I was also surprised that Graydon was felled, but not surprised afterwards that he wasn't completely gone.

3 volumes/seasons sounds ambitious. Saving Graydon would seem to naturally be the goal of Season 2. But we'll see.

Lots of fun and some great lines sprinkled throughout.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I finally got around to episode 1 and for the most part really enjoyed it. It was great to see Joanna Whaley again.

It looked great, had some nice action scenes, the sets and locations were gorgeous, but...

The thing that kind of threw me off were little, subtle things like Whaley's sarcastic line about having married Madmartigan during her narration. It was almost meta, 4th wallish. And there were a few other similar, subtle moments. And combined with that rock song over the end credits it just seemed like the show thinks it's much hipper than it actually is. Tonally it just didn't work for me.

But that's a minor quibble, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
There is now a Behind the Magic 34 minute special for the series with Ron Howard and the main cast. It even starts with some things from the original movie. They do not take anything seriously! Some hilarious bits in this.

Last edited:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well that's a bummer. It took me a while to start watching the season, but once I did, I did one episode a night for a week. I enjoyed it for what it was.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Man, let me start this first! At least does it end on a satisfying note? Is it self contained?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That sucks. It was a really delightful show, light-hearted and exciting. Didn’t take itself too seriously, like Rings of Power and House of the Dragon.

Yes, it ended on a satisfying note, while leaving the door open for more.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the Deadline article. Of course in the article it does say
getting a 83% on Rotten Tomatoes. While the series won’t continue, Willow remains an important IP in the Lucasfilm library, so it might be revisited in the future

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
He really has a lot to say about it on Twitter. I hope they do manage to get things going again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I saw the first episode and absolutely loved it. The characters are so fun. Also the ending was hilarious. Was that a nod to The Empire Strikes Back?!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1x02 The High Aldwin

Aren't the main 3, brother and sisters? Kit, Airk and Elora?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks