What's new

William Friedkin's Sorcerer is finally headed to Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
cineMANIAC said:
It took a friggin' lawsuit to get the film the attention it needed? It saddens me greatly to be constantly reminded that the studios are owned and operated by bean counters and not by people who love films. I'm thrilled the film is finally being rescued, though. Any estimate of a Blu-ray release date?
Spring 2014.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
http://projection-booth.blogspot.com/2013/08/episode-129-sorcerer.html

If you visit the link above you can listen to a discussion of Sorcerer and an interview with Mr. Friedkin and yes, he does say the blu-ray release is set for the spring of 2014 but before that he says there will be a theatrical run for the film. He also mentions that this project is a joint venture of Warner and Universal. He talks about the special features that will appear on the blu-ray and there is a link there as well to the Sorcerer blog.

Pretty excited to see this one as I don't think I've ever seen the film presented in a good way and this film is an amazing visual as well as audio experience.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Hope they manage to do something about the sound. Although I love the soundtrack, it's arguably Tangerine Dream's worst recording audio quality wise. Very muddy even on vinyl.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm almost through that podcast. It's about two hours long, and worth it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Glad you enjoyed it, Charles. They now have an episode up about Seconds. These guys seem to hit on many films I like and the podcasts have become regular programming while I'm in the car.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
frie.jpeg

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps this was a bit like Blade Runner? Some people own some of the rights etc etc.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm guessing that the actual release date on Blu-ray will be April 15th as that's a Tuesday. The 14th is a Monday, and could perhaps be used as the release date in other territories than the USA.

Anyway - that's about 138 days!

Harry

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Other than the tragically-MIA (and still-skeptical) The Abyss & True Lies, Sorcerer is my most-anticipated 2014 major-studio release.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Amazon is now listing the release date of SORCERER on Blu-Ray as April 22, 2014, so that's one more week to wait. Ah well, seven more days after all this time won't be so bad.From today (1/18), that's just 94 days away.Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks