What's new

William Friedkin's "Bug" (1 Viewer)

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Hey all,

Yes, Bug is based on a play. I just saw the film version at FantasticFest. Michael Shannon, who plays the lead opposite Ashley Judd was there for a Q+A after the screening and he shed some light on the project for us. He played the same role in the stage production.

The film was quite good. You could certainly tell it was based on a play - the dialogue had that certain ring to it. Very crisply and smartly written. Some incredibly funny moments.

Ashley did a wonderful job - I think it's one of her best performances. Michael was also top notch - really going through a range - his character had a wonderful arc, as did the story. It was engaging from the opening frame - wonderful cinematography. Not every last detail was hashed and rehashed - allowing the audience to participate a bit (but not so much that it was distracting). It's funny, the more I write this, the more I think I enjoyed it. I'll have to catch it again!

I would recommend checking it out.

Cheers,

Jason

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review and input, Jason. Before reading up on the film, I'd never heard of the play, but it does add to my interest, as I'm excited to see Friedkin's approach to such material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks