What's new

Will You Watch the Superbowl - Predictions??? (1 Viewer)

Will You Watch The Superbowl

• Total voters

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I guess you never saw The Big Lebowski? Bridges is reprising his role as "The Dude" from that film -- a white Russian drink was a central theme of the film.

I saw bits and pieces I think. Maybe it's time to correct that as I do generally love Coen brothers projects.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I saw bits and pieces I think. Maybe it's time to correct that as I do generally love Coen brothers projects.
I am a big Coen Brothers fan, and love The Big Lebowski. However, my wife also likes several of their films (Fargo and O Brother, Where Art Thou? are her favorites), but she doesn't like The Big Lebowski. So, you never know -- but it's definitely worth watching in it's entirety if you are a fan of their work.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought the Pats would win and they did. I now pronounce my attempt to adopt the Pats as “my” team as a complete failure since I spent the game rooting for the (team that shouldn’t be in the game) Rams.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was a bit surprised that most of the crowd was rooting for the Patriots. Belichick and the defense did a terrific job vs. the Rams offense
(Goff stinks under pressure). I thought Nantz and Romo were HORRIBLE last night- did they ingest speed before the cameras were turned on- a constant barrage of noise.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
A talking head on ESPN called last night’s game a clunker. No, it wasn’t- the game was in doubt until Goff threw the INT with about 4:00 left. I guess some thought it was a bad game due to just a handful of big offensive plays made, and the fewest total points scored in a Super Bowl.
I’d rather see a good defensive game than a 38-35 game with no defense being played.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I feel as though my prediction, earlier in this thread, was about as prescient as it gets....

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Even though this game was played in my backyard I completely ignored it and all of the fanfare leading up to it. I didn't even know who "won" until this morning when I heard it on the local radio station. I still don't know the specifics and it feels great. Stable mood and blood pressure. I guess I'm starting to realize, no matter what happens on "NFL Sunday" I still have to go to work on "regular guy" Monday. Why should I worry about these dubiously officiated games and show more loyalty to a team than the actual players [and coaches] do? Both change teams as if they were socks and the owners will move the team in a nanosecond if they smell a better deal elsewhere, abandoning the city and fans that built their success in the first place [Raiders]. Consume all of the local resources and then move on? Scavengers, right?

I may watch from time to time [as long as I don't really care about either team] but I won't attend games or buy merchandise. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE football. I just wish it were still being played at the professional level. Today's game is categorized as "Sports Entertainment" for a reason.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought it was the dullest Super Bowl ever.

The game
The half time show
The commercials.

All extremely disappointing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I was a bit surprised that most of the crowd was rooting for the Patriots.

Word was for every 2 Rams fans in attendance there were 8 Patriots fans. That's why the stadium was filled with loud chants of BRADY, BRADY, BRADY. The Patriots players said with the crowd it was like a home game.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is no Ram fanbase, not like it is for just about every other team. For the most part, LA doesn't give much thought to the Rams while St. Louis has little or no rooting interest after the Rams abandoned that city.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There is no Ram fanbase, not like it is for just about every other team. For the most part, LA doesn't give much thought to the Rams while St. Louis has little or no rooting interest after the Rams abandoned that city.
I think they are on their way to building a fan base. New stadium, made it to the SB after only 2-3 years in town. They look like they’ll be good for quite a while.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think they are on their way to building a fan base. New stadium, made it to the SB after only 2-3 years in town. They look like they’ll be good for quite a while.
Perhaps, but I'm not talking about the future, I'm talking about this Super Bowl and their lack of fan support at this year's Super Bowl.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Perhaps, but I'm not talking about the future, I'm talking about this Super Bowl and their lack of fan support at this year's Super Bowl.
If you go by the Atlanta Airport today, there were a bunch of Patriot fans at Sunday's game and no Rams fans. We are sitting in the airport right now waiting for our connecting flight to Key West. I have seen a lot of people walking around in New England gear, but absolutely not a single person in Rams gear. Of course, since their team, lost the few Rams fans probably didn't feel like wearing their team's stuff. :laugh:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Of course, since their team, lost the few Rams fans probably didn't feel like wearing their team's stuff.

Agree. I can't remember the last time I saw a Patriots fan in ATL but they're coming out of the woodwork now. Had the outcome been different you wonder if this would still be the case. Fair weather fans are the worse.

Would you want to wear a losing teams gear at a huge public place like that?? I know I wouldn't do it!

I proudly wear my [old school] Raider gear all over the place but I'll never buy or wear anything that says Las Vegas Raiders. They are a "losing team" in this era but still one of the greatest franchises in NFL history. Everyone loves a winner but that's not what loyalty is all about.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I proudly wear my [old school] Raider gear all over the place but I'll never buy or wear anything that says Las Vegas Raiders. They are a "losing team" in this era but still one of the greatest franchises in NFL history. Everyone loves a winner but that's not what loyalty is all about.
I wear my Montreal Canadiens jacket all the time - - especially to the USA Hockey National Team Development games we have season tickets for. And last year they were absolutely terrible. Still support my team.

I didn't wear the jacket to a home game last weekend because of the Arctic temperatures, and one of the ushers asked me where my Habs coat was. :laugh:

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Just tired of football and all the hoopla, political grandstanding, endless commercials, the overt reverence given to these players who simply play a game. Simply tired of it and have better things to do with my time. For those who still enjoy it, enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks