What's new

Will XenForo 2.0 Speed up the HTF? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Probably not since it's an update/upgrade, but a good chance it will lose more desktop on the left and right. Currently the active reading area it about 50% if the width of my monitor with 22% totally blank at the left and right margins and an additional 15% in a non usable, non optional "information" on the right.

I suspect all websites are headed to a 10:16 active area and much less information on the screen to accomodate 5 inch screens. My bank website has improved my online experience 4 times in the last 2 years and now I only have to look at 4 different screens to see what I could on a single screen in 2015. Prevents information overload and gets those clicks up.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
So far so good, but I’m a little concerned by the ‘Latest Profile Posts’ display, as the messages currently in view reveal private info including email addresses. Is there a need for this display box?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
You can expand the page to fit your whole monitor if you want. There is a little icon in the lower left of the page that looks like this:
1587485218351.png

And yes, it should be faster too!

So far so good, but I’m a little concerned by the ‘Latest Profile Posts’ display, as the messages currently in view reveal private info including email addresses. Is there a need for this display box?
This is a default item I had to turn off. It's the posters own fault for putting their email in a profile post however :)

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's not the one I was talking about, Dave. It was the standard smiley we used to use that was keyed in with a colon and a capital D. That combo now results in this guy. :D. If I can find an example of the old one I'll bring it here. No biggie.

A couple other thoughts. I don't see where "Latest Profile Posts" is anything that anyone would care about.

I also have numbers in each of my Firefox tabs. I think they signify how many unopened bumped threads I have.

full

And, is there any way in the "TOOLS" drop-down menu we can raise "Watched threads" up higher in the list? I'm one of those forum surfers who is constantly refreshing his "Watched Threads" in order to keep up-to-date.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
That's not the one I was talking about, Dave. It was the standard smiley we used to use that was keyed in with a colon and a capital D. That combo now results in this guy. :D. If I can find an example of the old one I'll bring it here. No biggie.

A couple other thoughts. I don't see where "Latest Profile Posts" is anything that anyone would care about.

I also have numbers in each of my Firefox tabs. I think they signify how many unopened bumped threads I have.

full

And, is there any way in the "TOOLS" drop-down menu we can raise "Watched threads" up higher in the list? I'm one of those forum surfers who is constantly refreshing his "Watched Threads" in order to keep up-to-date.
I tweaked the position so it should be better now. The number is just how many alerts you have in total, including approval queue and notifications from the bell icon in the top right.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's not the one I was talking about, Dave. It was the standard smiley we used to use that was keyed in with a colon and a capital D. That combo now results in this guy. :D.
Yeah, the new guy doesn't show nearly enough teeth.

Couple things I've noticed already that I miss. You used to be able to hover over the drop downs at the top (Forums, Tools) and the menus would appear. Now it seems like you have to actually click on them to get them to appear.

You used to be able to select a portion of text in a post and get the Quote/Reply option. Now it appears the only option is to click the big "reply" button and quote the entire post, unless you then take the time to delete the parts that are not relevant to your reply.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You used to be able to select a portion of text in a post and get the Quote/Reply option. Now it appears the only option is to click the big "reply" button and quote the entire post, unless you then take the time to delete the parts that are not relevant to your reply.

This is working for me. (maybe they fixed it quick!) :D

Dave: Check your PMs!

And thanks for moving the "Watched Threads" option up the totem pole! :thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One weird thing, when I first logged on to the "new" forum I saw that all my bumped "watched threads" were highlighted in blue (whereas all my unbumped "watched threads" were listed in standard black.

But the blue seems to have gone away.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
One weird thing, when I first logged on to the "new" forum I saw that all my bumped "watched threads" were highlighted in blue (whereas all my unbumped "watched threads" were listed in standard black.

But the blue seems to have gone away.
This was a defect we got fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks