***will Work For Ht****

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Chris Bates, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Chris Bates

Chris Bates Stunt Coordinator

I swear if if I have to watch one more movie without a HT system, Im going to CRY. I sold my system last June because it was getting too big...4 big towers and a 64" big screen need allot of wall, not to mention my then 10 month old son had a fettish for poking things at my Infinity Towers. I have been suffering through movies for well over a year, trying my best to be happy with the less than tolerable noise that comes out of the tv's speakers. I was honestly truly depressed for three days after watching Star Wars Attack of the Clones when it came out on DVD. Everytime I'm in the position to buy something, even the low priced HTIB systems, something comes up. Last time both cars died within 24hrs. So...I bought 2 cars. This time....Kid #3 is on the way....MORE BILLS. When will the pain ever end???? Did I mention that Im a Civil War Vet with 1 arm, 1 leg, 1 eye, and half an ear......Ok, so its not THAT bad........but almost. Anybody out there have a decent Rent-To-Own HT? Oh well.....

Thanks for letting me rant

Chris

2. mark alan

mark alan Supporting Actor

I hear that you can get a good price for kids on the open market[​IMG]

Of course my 2 and 4 year old can put out more decibels than any subwoofer ever made.

3. Chris Bates

AMEN!!!

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Chris, where are you?

5. Chris Bates

Im in Central NC.

6. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Ever considered an excellent pair of wireless headphones? I have kids and can't turn up the volume at night anymore but these headphones I got from Amphony takes an optical signal and they sound really impressive. Good bass response!

7. Chris Bates

uh.....nope

8. SeanV

SeanV Stunt Coordinator

I think it's time for you to reapply yourself. You say no more HT...no problem, just apply the theory of upgraditis to the new focal points in your life. Tired of the retriever running around the house...upgrade to a pit bull. (Unfortunately the cost/performance ratio associated with upgrading a wife is astronomical.) [​IMG]

9. Mehul

Mehul Auditioning

"Unfortunately the cost/performance ratio associated with upgrading a wife is astronomical."

LOL

I would buy a small set of speaker for front stage and center - cheap off here or ebay and a 5.1 reciever.
    Total should be $200-250 if on a budget. Also you can do one this month and one next month. Tough when you have had a better system but better than none.

10. Bob Kavanaugh

Bob Kavanaugh Second Unit

That's why god invented zero interest for 12-24 months (depending on where you go) for HT stuff. Almost anything is obtainable in 12 "easy" payments.

11. Chris Bates

Credit??? Whats that??? I couldnt finance a stick of gum....

12. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

13. Chris Bates

Doh.....Now you tell me!