What's new

Will Windows XP Home version support legacy Win95 drivers? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know? I've got some old sophisticated Turtle Beach sampling sound cards that I'd like to continue to use.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

No. WinXP runs on a completely different kernel than Windows 95.
Chances are that your device will be supported natively in WinXP, though. To be certain, download the upgrade advisor from Microsoft's site. It will tell you if Windows XP will support your device.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
There is absolutely NO CHANCE IN HELL that my sound cards are supported under XP. They haven't had drivers since Win95.
frown.gif
I may have to abandon them. If XP is more reliable and multitasks better than Me/98 I'll be a happy boy.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Microsoft's Upgrade Advisor is a 50mb download, a bit much for those of us who only have a regular phone line. But it is included on the CD-ROM that comes with the November issue of MaximumPC Magazine and it works just fine. It tells one what works, what might not work and what probably won't work. Sorry I can't be of help with your drivers.
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks