Will Webster ever be released?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Antonio_Lewis, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Antonio_Lewis

Antonio_Lewis Auditioning

I know the chances of this hit 80's show being released is slim to none, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any info on this show. Thanks in advance.

2. Antonio_G

Antonio_G Stunt Coordinator

I hope so too but only time will tell...

3. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Nah, Michael Jackson still has him at Neverland and has said he will never let him go. His guards even have orders not to let him off of the premises.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Don't give up hope. Last year saw the DVD releases of Punky Brewster, Who's the Boss, Diff'rent Strokes, 227, MacGyver so this one's not an impossibility. With Emmanuel Lewis recently in the news for a speeding ticket, who knows?

Paramount's going to be finished with their big 3 (Star Trek, Cheers, I Love Lucy) eventually, so they'll get to the other shows in their catalog. They were supposed to be releasing Family Ties this year but we haven't heard anything yet.

And since this is one of the first TV shows I remember watching, I'll buy it.

5. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I would definitely buy Webster in season DVD sets!

6. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    Antonio, you're not relatated to Emmanuel Lewis and looking for him to get more royalty checks now are you?[​IMG]

Emmanuel Lewis is a client at my wife's vet hospital. The first time she met him, he showed up with a sick duck after they had closed and scared her because she didn't know anyone was up front. She didn't recognize him, as she hadn't met him yet and he was standing behind the counter, and talked to him like a kid, nicely asking him what he needed, until her boss came up and said something like "Emmanuel! How 'ya doin'? Come on back." She is still embarrassed about this.

Whitman Mayo (who played Grady on "Sanford and Son") was also a client until he passed away a couple of years ago. I actually got to meet him at her hospital and was so surprised to see him that I was tongue-tied. He was pleased to see that I was so happy to meet him (Grady was my favorite character on the show when I was growing up) and was a very nice man.

7. Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W Stunt Coordinator

Wow thanks for sharing your Emmanuel Lewis and Whitman Mayo stories. My take on Webster is if Punky Brewster made it to DVD so can Webster. Both shows had rather short runs (Punky 3 seasons, Webster 3 or 4 if I am not mistaken), neither one of them became syndication regulars (I never saw these shows on Nick At Night, TV Land, or in other syndication muc post 1990). So I mean if Punky made it, I think Webster just might have a shot...Silver Spoons too...

8. Antonio_Lewis

Antonio_Lewis Auditioning

No relation to Emmanuel that I am aware of, but thanks for the replies, hopefully this will make its way to dvd.