What's new

Will we see the Ropers before 2006? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
A while back, it was announced that Anchor Bay was pondering the release of both Three's Company spin offs.
The Ropers & Three's A Crowd.
Will we see this in 2005??

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I definitely hope so. Especially in the case of "The Ropers". I was a bit disappointed that the 2 episodes (contained in the "Three's Company" season 3 syndication package) didn't make it on the third season DVD set. That being said, I'd like to see "The Ropers" on DVD more now than ever. Although, I wasn't too keen on "Three's A Crowd", I'd still be willing to pick that up as well for the sake of completion.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I agree with you Andrew. The Ropers were great, Three's A Crowd I was not as fond of, but would still purchase.
Maybe Pavan Badall could shed some light on this??

P.S.
Andrew, we are neighbors, I live in Mississauga...

small world eh??

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It's still being pondered, as far as I know. A definite "maybe". :)

Right now would be a good time to get it out, while Jeffrey Tambor is hot thanks to Arrested Development.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Dan*T: I haven't heard anything else on the spin-offs other than that "quite possible" line I got a few months back. I am hoping AB releases The Ropers with season 4 or 5 of Three's Company, or something. Three's a Crowd would make sense with/after season 8 of Three's Co is released.

Dave: Yeah, right now would be a great time to get The Ropers out since Tambor is hot, or at least the critics like his new show, lol. And actually Three's a Crowd would be great now, too, since Jessica Walter was in Three's a Crowd, as well -- another Arrested Development star.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would be shocked if they released Three's A Crowd before the final season of Three's Company got released. If they are smart, they would release them both on the same day, so fans don't "forget" that there's an "additional season" to buy. :cool:

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I have some news on the spin-offs on my website. It's not real news, but it is some news at least.
click on the news section.

I hope all fans email AB.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Haven't heard anything regarding this in a few months. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about The Ropers / Three's A Crowd?
I was hoping for The Ropers to be announced with Three's Company season 4, but that didn't seem to happen...:angry:
Don't give up on these shows Anchor Bay!!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I only want the Ropers for the crossover episodes.

They should have included them on the Three's Company DVD's since they are so used to being seen in syndication. Even as a special feature.

Three's a Crowd? Nah. Flush it.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
This might be good news, there is a Patricia McCormack interview already done (talking about Fell & Lindley) and was supposed to be on the Three's Co S4 DVD, but was later removed. So, I'm guessing a Ropers set could be in the works? Or maybe they'll just move it to S5, lol, who knows.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Fortunately, many people don't agree with you. But thanks for making a negative comment though....

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Heh. I always like to think of the logic that people must go through when they do it:

"I think I'll read this thread about this show that I hate and rag on the people who do like it because...well...I've got nothing better to do with my time."

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

My point exactly! Obviously, there is no logic..
Thanks for the back up Jon..
I personally feel that the last thing this world needs is more releases of Friends and the Simpsons. However, do I go to threads on the subject and post negative comments about it? No, because I respect the fact that there are others out there who do want more releases of it. Too bad that not everyone else does the same.

By the way, your spider-friends website rocks!
I've sent several emails to disney inquiring about a DVD release, as well as signed the petition!!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks