Will we see releases of any of the old Dr. Seuss Cartoons?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Emma, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Eric Emma

Eric Emma Supporting Actor

They have a ton of them on VHS(over 60 I think) will they ever see the light of day on DVD... Those cartoon were pretty awesome...

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Warning- there are a few Dr. Seuss titles which are boring "read-along" versions, only with no words on the screen- basically still pictures from the books, some crudely animated, with some guy reading the story. I bought the Cat in the Hat one thinking it was the TV special, and when I watched it I screamed "What the f--- is THIS????"!

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Hey, my kid LOVES that "boring" DVD, and it's teaching him to read! :p)

4. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Agreed it's rather frustrating to think you're getting an animated cartoon and instead get a "read along".

EXCEPTION TO THE RULE:

The Velveteen Rabbit (now out on DVD for those of you who didn't know) with dramatic reading/narration by Meryl Streep and piano soundtrack by George Winston. A 100% winner. Also a great CD soundtrack to buy and play with the lights down low when you want something really sublime and wonderful. Everyone should have a copy IMO, whether or not they have kids.

-dave

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

We just got that one, David. After my son picked up - excellently I might add - on reading "Where The Wild Things Are" based on its read-along DVD, we grabbed the Velveteen Rabbit just two days ago. He didn't get to view it yesterday, so we're going to make sure he watches it tonight.