What's new

will we see BAND OF BROTHERS on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
What annoyed me is that one of our television stations was advertising Band of Brothers for a couple of months around Sept/Oct last year saying "Coming Early 2002" , and it never came. Would it be recommended for somebody who was blown away by the Omaha Landing in SPR but really dissapointed with the rest of the film?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I thought the series had alot more depth and plot than SPR. How could it not, 10 episodes long. It totally gives you a different look and perspcetive on the war. And I also heard that alot of the events in the series were very realistic and very accurate recreations. If you have not seen the series, I would highly reccomend watching it. I have seen the each episode 2-3 times and will most definately be purchasing the dvd set when it comes out. One of the best series I have ever seen!!!!!!

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Steven Speilberg and Tome Hanks produced/directed this I'm pretty sure. I'm sure it will be great quality, and run us around 100 bucks.
Great. If ET (triple price for original and deleted scenes only availabe on-line) is any indication, this doesn't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling one would expect....

GaryEA

Second Unit
Jason, you'd have to put some, if not all, blame on Universal for the E.T. online material.

I don't think HBO would do that, unless they have for their previous sets.

-g

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think it is safe to say that the price on Band of Brothers (11/19 street) will be somewhere in the neighborhood of the sopranos sets. If not about $10 cheaper considering there are 10 episodes of band of brothers and 13 sopranos per set. But who knows i guess they can charge an arm & a leg if they wanted too.

Brent Jackson

Auditioning
"If ET... is any indication", my guess is that the "enhanced" version, where all the guns have been digitally replaced with walkie-talkies, will be $100 and the "original" version will set us back about $250. :D

Pete M

Stunt Coordinator
Chalk Band of Brothers up as my most anticipated release right now.
Interesting to note.... HBO hasn't released (at least to my knowledge) any official specs on this set, though CDNow has it up for pre-order with the following info:
- SRP $119.99
- 6 Disc set
- Release date 11/5
That SRP seems a bit steep, but I'll still pay it for this set. The 6 discs has me both excited and confused. I'm wondering if they will have DTS tracks with each episode? 2 episodes per disc with DD & DTS (=5) and one disc full of goodies (=6)? I don't think HBO has ever done a DVD with DTS, so maybe this is wishful thinking. But 6 discs seems like a lot if no DTS is included.
Here's a link to the set at CDNow.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Is 11/5 the street date now? A few months ago DVDFile had 11/19 as the street date, but now I keep seeing 11/5 on other sites.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Most of the episodes are close to 1 hour long. Some a little longer. Some just around 50 minutes. I think it is very possible to fit a half-bitrate DTS track along with a DD track. Infact, I think you could fit a full-bitrate DTS with it. I think it is possible.
If there is no DTS I will be only a bit upset. I never got to see this in 5.1 (cable owner). So I think Ill be happy with whatever 5.1 the pack comes with.
:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Pierre Gagne

Agent
Got some information from dvdenfrancais.com which, as always, are very reliable. Coming out on November 5th, Band of brothers will be available on a 2.35:1 anamorphic ratio picture with both DD and DTS tracks in english along with DD2.0 sound in french and spanish. Among the supplements, we'll find an 80 min. documentary We stand alone together : the man of easy company, Interactive field guide and Ron Livington video diaries.
Looks and sounds good, isn't it ?
Pierre

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Looks good. Except for the 2.35:1. When I saw it the frame was 1.78 or 1.85.

I think that is just an error. If it is cropped that would suck.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I never got to see this in 5.1 (cable owner)
This cable owner watched it (twice) in High Definition and 5.1!!!
And, Nick, if you have any interest at all in WWII, you will find this utterly compelling, IMO. It is a fantastic series.
I'll be buying.

Todd

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
hmmm 11/5 could be very expensive for some people.

star trek: tng season 5
x-files: season 6
band of brothers

ouch...

I will be picking up x-files and bob!

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It was shown in 16x9. But, couldn't that mean it was cropped for TV and the OAR was 2.35?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
That could be, yes. But I really think it wasnt. I think its OAR is 1.78. I believe the 2.35 is a misprint.
Just my opinion. ;)

Pierre Gagne

Agent
I just got a call from dvdenfrancais.com that the OAR will be 1.78. Their contact with Warner had given them an incorrect information regarding this matter. The official press release will be out in two weeks or so. They were also told that the package will be in a metal case (tin box ?).

I just want to point out that dvdenfrancais has regular contacts with reps of most of the studios and one of their main concern is the presence of french tracks on upcoming DVD releases. So sometimes their site has some news ahead of official press papers. And they told me that they only put informations that come from their reliable sources.

Sorry for the confusion but I needed to clarify this.

Pierre

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks