What's new

Will we see a Road to Perd. Re-release ? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I am answering my own question, but I don't believe I have known Dreamworks to re-release any of their titles thus far.

But I can think of one title, Road to Perdition, that I feel they have dropped the ball on real good. I was wondering if just maybe they would re-release this one in a SE: 2 disc style and perhaps get an improvement in Vquality and many more extras too.

Any thoughts,

Troy

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Improvement in "Vquality?" The transfer struck me as being particularly good. The grain is part of the texture of the film, and not an accident. This release, the dts version at least, seems quite OK to me.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there are some fleeting bits of noticeable EE but otherwise I think it looks pretty darn good, considering the many dark and rainy sequences. I have no complaints.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I think the current DVD is pretty good, considering that they could have jammed it full of extras and make the video look like garbage. I only rented the widescreen version but I'm planning on buying it soon. As for a 2-disc rerelease, I wouldn't count on it since the only title they did that for was Almost Famous.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually curious as to why the other supplements weren't included in Road to Perdition - the ones that Bill Hunt got and mentioned in his review of RtP on The Digital Bits. . He mentions it in the body of the text. So the supplements and extras are there for a two disc release (and were actually made for the advanced copies) but were dropped for the final release? Confusing, especially the retrospective on the late Conrad Hall... :confused:

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
DreamWorks has re-released all of the animated (Antz, Road To Eldorado, Chicken Run) for a "look us do aniamtion - hahah Disney". They're animation and story's are WAY better than Michael Eisner's lastest offering. I know now who was the true visionary at Disney. The K in SKG.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
That's interesting about the extras being dropped beforehand, probably something to do with video quality. Whatever they did I'm glad for it because I think this transfer is one of the best I've seen.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Travis, I don't think it has to do with video quality because as Bill says, it was a 2 disc set! :frowning:

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
hmm...maybe they figured that since they think they HAVE to put out a seperate full frame transfer that it would cost too much...not that doesn't make sense because they do that all the time and they're doing it with Catch Me if You Can. Quite a strange problem indeed...I feel like Yoda saying that:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks