What's new

Will We Getting The Redesigned PS2? (1 Viewer)

Peter_A

Second Unit
I just want to confirm that the progressive scan support is only the DVD player side of things? It won't display every game in progressive scan...right?

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
"It won't display every game in progressive scan...right?"

Right, only if the game supports it, like Tekken 4.

Randy

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
We just got tons of these in at work yesterday. It is indeed the old blue box witht he yellow triangle in the corner. Interested to test the progressive playback on this actually. If I didnt have a ps2, I would be all over this.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I picked mine up yesterday! I went to an EBX in my area were I saw the new units over the weekend. The sales geek tried to tell me that they never had them...or the boxes I saw were empty. I was like WTF? It was as if they were told not to sell the new ones until the old ones were gone. So I left and headed across town to a differnt EB. I graduated with the manager who works there. She had no idea what I was taking about but showed me a back room full of the new units with the yellow and blue corner "+" sticker. I said "thats it!" and she rung one up for me. She made a comment about maybe she should sell the old ones first. I got it home and hooked it up to my 36" XBR that is now pulling living room duty since I got my projector. Used my $10 MadKatz component cable and was off and running. I had a HELL of a time configuring the DVD player for 16:9 and progressive. I had to call the tech support line! I never did that before. Anyway, while the guy was getting information on the new unit I got it working without him. He told me, and I confirmed this with the manual, that certain changes can't be made with out disabling the resume play feature when you press stop on a DVD. You have to press stop while a DVD is playing and then hit "X" twice...real intuitive. It also seemed that I could change the region code at will while in this mode...hmmmm that would be cool. I will have to check on that later. The progressive DVD is pretty good on the actual movies but I saw it comb on menus and such. Not bad for a progrogressive DVD player, playstation 1 and 2 in one package. The new fan is VERY quiet. I couldn't hear it in my TV stand at all and the built in IR port was able to recognize some of the functions from a standard SONY DVD player remote. The on, off and open close functions did not work. Maybe with the new PS2 remote when it gets released. Then I was off to play some Contra.

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks