Will we get THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT any time soon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth English, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

Just wondering if anyone has heard about a DVD release of this one. I know MGM holds the rights (they've already released it as part of their "Midnite Movies" series on VHS).

Since Anchor Bay has already released QUATERMASS 2 and QUATERMASS & THE PIT it seems a shame not to have the first as well. Anyone?

BTW: Anyone one who hasn't yet seen these films would do well to run out and find them now. I'd never seen any of them before about 6 months ago when I bought QUATERMASS & THE PIT on a whim. What an incredible suprise! A great, great film. The second one is pretty decent also...

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'd presume MGM holds the DVD rights as well; they seem to be getting to most of their VHS Midnight Movies series so I'm cautiously optimistic that this will make it onto disc in the not too distant future.

3. ChristopherM

ChristopherM Stunt Coordinator

Kenneth - If you liked the movie, then you should check out the original TV series of "Quatermass and the Pit". It's available here in the UK on both DVD and VHS, but I'm not sure about the USA.

4. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    I got the TV version of Quatermass and the Pit on VHS from Collector's Choice Video, and it's fascinating. Production reminds me of an early Pertwee era Dr. Who.
    They still have it on VHS at this link:
    http://www.ccvideo.com/item.cfm?itemid=NOS003695
    Cheers

5. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

Are the tapes/DVDs PAL format or NTSC? I don't have a DVD-ROM drive so I wouldn't be able to view anything PAL.

6. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    Everything from ccvideo is American (NSTC) - they are kind of high priced, but they have stuff nobody else has, and they are competely reputable (I understand they are owned by the same company that owns Playboy magazine). I have done a lot of business with them with not a single problem.

Cheers

7. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    I'll certainly buy The Creeping Unknown (as is was known in the USA) to complete my set - have to admit, though it's hard to top Quatermass II for creepiness...

well, at least until the rubber monsters appear...

Cheers