What's new

Will we get Six Feet Under Now? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Now that the tremendous second season has finished, Does anyone have any info. about a first season release? I asked this question here after season 1 and someone mentioned that HBO has been releasing seasons 1 right before the third seasons? any thoughts?

Will K

Screenwriter
I certainly hope so. Having not seen a frame of season 1 and just recently began watching, I'd buy a season 1 DVD release in a heartbeat.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I hope so too. I have both seasons on tape, to preserve the series until I can get DVD's.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Will --

If you don't want to wait for the DVDs, HBO will begin an encore showing of season 1 on Sundays at 8pm, starting June 9.

M.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The quality will likely be better on DVD, but we still don't have a date. There have been rumors of November, which I hope are true. This one is going to end up being a Christmas present for at least a few people on my list.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Is this show any good? The first season will start here in Portugal next Monday...
I suggest you do a search in the TV forum. There are numerous threads about this show. (But beware of spoilers.)
The short answer is "yes". The show's great. But it's not for everybody. It's very, very funny, but the humor is quite dark (much more so in this just-concluded second season).
M.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Give it a try for a few episodes. If you like what you seen, keep in mind it maintains and builds quality as the story progresses. It's one of the best shows on television right now. Perhaps the best... IMHO.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think the November release date may be a little too soon. Band of Brothers is coming in November and I don't think HBO would want one of their releases competing with another.

Gord

Colin Sims

Agent
Sorry to sidetrack the discussion, but does anybody know what the song is in the opening credits.

It;s bugging me, that I know it from somewhere.

Thanks guys.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's called:

"Six Feet Under Title Theme"

It's an original composition for the show by Thomas Newman. Now it may be derivative of something, but I don't know what.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
You can find it, but many versions of it on the soundtrack. Or download an 'okay' quality version off a filme sharing program.
I did that before the CD came out. :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
YOu know what I didn't like about Season 2. The death montaes at the beginning, they only listed the year died, not the date. It was nice to use that to track how far along the series has progressed since Nate met Brenda and Nate Sr. died.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks