What's new

Will we get a 3 hour Star Wars : Clones DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's not just running time, though - it's pacing. Lucas might have seen the first half of the movie as a lot of exposition, and removed some of those scenes to pick the pace up a little.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
That's true. But I personally never understood the criticism that the first hour was boring. I thought the first hour of the film was very interesting, and very good. With the DVD, I don't think Lucas needs to worry about that. Add the scenes back in and make a Director's Cut of the film. That's my desire. I doubt it will happen.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
This is really interesting because as soon as I thought about scenes that should have been in the movie immediately I thought of an extended slaughter scene. It would have been gruesome but it would have let the viewer see what Anakin was capable of, not just what he says he's capable of. I think our feelings for him would have become much less favorable but still allow us to feel something for the confused state he's in.

I too was also surprised Count Dooku had such a brief introduction, "Where'd he come from??" I'm so glad to know these scenes were there. They should be there. Would have made the movie more complete.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I must be one of the few who hopes they don't add anything to the Anakin/Tusken Raider scene (a separate deleted scene at the most). The scene is perfect as it is - it leaves you in absolutely no doubt as to what Anakin is about to do, and lets you imagine the rest. Less is definitely more here.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
He may not add those scenes. I sure wish he added part of the "Farewell to Jira" scene, which he could have edited right, to still include that awesome scene of the Droid getting sliced. He also didn't add the rest of the Maul/Qui battle on the Ship ramp. I hope they are added on the final DVD set.

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
I actually wished they showed LESS of the Slaughter scene and that Anakin didn't tell anyone what happened. That way, the audience will not be sure IF he did slaughter them. Showing MORE of the slaughter doesn't show how much damage he can do, it just shows that he IS already VERY close to the dark side.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Norm, adding back at least part of the Farewell scene would have made the "Anakin, drop!" scene make more sense. As is, you wonder why they are running.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing was "cut" from the Tusken slaughter scene. As I understand it, what we got in the film is what they actually shot. Some people just wish they shot more.
I'd like to see Padme's family restored, although I'm glad it wasn't in the theatrical cut. The film is already beginning to sag a bit by the time we get to the rain fight, and if the material with her family was in the film, it would have added possibly another ten minutes to the run time, and would only have dragged things on further than necessary. It would be nice for home video, where one can skip through it if they want to, but for the theatrical release, I think it's better left on the cutting room floor.
I'd also like to see Obi-Wan returning to Jango's quarters on Kamino. In the film, we cut straight from Anakin telling Padme he's got to return to Tatooine, to Obi-Wan storming through the doors to the Slave 1's landing platform. This is the most akward cut in the film, IMO. They shot a scene where Obi-Wan returns to Jango's quarters, find them cleaned out, and then sees on a monitor Jango in his bounty hunter outfit, loading up the Slave 1. He then rushes out and storms the platform. I feel this would have made a much better transition than what we got.
Also, as someone else mentioned, Padme pleading for Obi-Wan's release, in the scene in which Dooku requests that Padme join his Confederacy. She refuses. I think this would have been a good scene, as I find it hard to believe Dooku, the political idealist, would simply sentence Padme to die without ever first speaking to her. It also gives the Jedi story time to get from the other side of the galaxy.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Greg, I agree, I can't believe Lucas didn't edit it and keep the last half in.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'd also like to see Obi-Wan returning to Jango's quarters on Kamino. In the film, we cut straight from Anakin telling Padme he's got to return to Tatooine, to Obi-Wan storming through the doors to the Slave 1's landing platform. This is the most akward cut in the film, IMO.
I agree. I have seen the movie several times now and from the first time I have seen it I always felt something was missing from the scene...some kind of transition.

Colin Sims

Agent
There was an interview with Graham BLUNDELL (Sunrise channel 7 news) where he said that his small role as ANAKIN SKYWALKER's father ended up on the editing room floor.

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Colin, I never heard that anywhere. Did he say what happened, was he playing a Jedi?

"The public yawned and people weren’t ready for it when I said Anakin was basically created by the midichlorians, which is a spiritual, symbiotic idea."

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
I can't find Graham BLUNDELL on the IMDb, but I found a Graeme Blundell is that him? This is very interesting I want to find out more about this. Was his scene filmed? Any links?

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Yeah, he was part of the PADME family scenes.. I think a whole actor would be overkill to demonstrate a midichlorian ; ) LOL!!

Matt

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
Seeing as how Attack of the clones was the first movie filmed with Digital cameras, film, ect., will that translate into a superior DVD like nothing we have seen before? Will the DVD have a better picture than normal DVD's? Any thoughts?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Seeing as how Attack of the clones was the first movie filmed with Digital cameras, film, ect., will that translate into a superior DVD like nothing we have seen before?
Yes! With a direct digital transfer, the CG shots might look more like CG than ever! :b

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
I think it would be cool to see a rought cut of the film. The cut that Lucas and co. see for the first time, with the cgi half baked or whatever. Actually I'd like to see this for any film.
Add me as another miffed individual on why the scene where Qui-Gon slices the droid wasn't added back to TPM. :rolleyes

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
The original cut was not 4 hours long. There wasn't four hours worth of footage to be filmed in the script. At most, the original cut could have been 2 hours, 45 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks