What's new

Will we ever see the entire Three Stooges library on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Columbia releases are the ONLY ones out there, except for the four public domain shorts that show up on other company's discs in varying degrees of crappiness. Even Anchor Bay's version is repulsive, contrary to their usual high standards.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
C3 Entertaiment, Inc. owns and manages the worldwide rights to The Three Stooges, the famous comedy trio that has brought fun and laughter to millions of people all over the world for 75 years.
I doubt C3 Entertainment has as much know-how as Columbia to give the Stooges a good Box set. :frowning:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What Comedy 3 owns is not the films, which are still firmly in Columbia's grasp, but as the website states, the rights to the names, images and characters of the Stooges, independent from the shorts. So any non-film Stooge product needs to be licensed from them. It was once the families of the Stooges, but now I think the operation is owned by, of all people, Bela Lugosi Jr.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I think both The Three Stooges and I Love Lucy series are keepsake series and are not getting the treatment they deserve...

Lucy has decent transfers and extras at least... The buying one disc at a time is old though...

Both deserve season box sets...

This nonsense with the 3 stooges... Sticking 5 poor quality episodes on a disc and charging $25, when we can find season sets of some shows for $30-$50... It's a joke... The trafers look like they came out of a garbage dump...

My old VHS tapes from the early 90's have much better transfers... Back when the show was popular in the early 90's again for a bit they remastered the episodes for the tapes...

Pretty sad when VHS has much better qauality than DVD... Get on the ball Columbia and stop trying to rip off your customers...

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I agree that five shorts to a disc is skimpy, but I have many of the 90s tapes and find the transfers far inferior to the DVDs which look good for the most part. Of course, the features look excellent on DVD.

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
This is off topic but why the hell is Columbia Tristar only including 3 episodes in the Muppet Show disks? Just like the Stooge disks they need to pack up these dvd's.It's not like they don't have any room.And by adding more episodes per disks less space we need to find room on our shelf.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Ryan
The Season One Boxset of I Love Lucy is coming the end of this month. Season 2 should be coming early next year.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I Love Lucy also has great special features. I don't see how anyone can call them decent at best. The early seasons are more than 50 years old and all the principals are dead, so they can't coem and do commentaries, but we are treated to the original presentation to the network, episodes of the radio show, the original pitch document and various other goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks