Will we ever see Adam-12 on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mick Tees, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Do you remember this show? It ran from 1968-1975. It really was the beginning of the cop show era. I consider it a classic.

This is a show that I really enjoyed watching growing up. Any chance or possibility that this will be released on DVD in the near future?

I still remember Officer Pete Malloy & rookie cop Jim Reed driving around the streets of Los Angeles in their patrol car when the radio would go off... "One Adam-12, One Adam-12 do you read me?"

I haven't even seen this on TV Land or any of the other channels on re-run.

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    This was part of the infamous Universal pamphlet of a year ago so your guess is as good as mine. It did run on TV Land regularly about 3 or 4 years ago. Great show.

Steve

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I expect it later this year, or perhaps in 2006. I feel sure it's coming, though.

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Adam 12 was also rerun on WWOR's EMI Service channel in 1995 to 1996, and it was often seen 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. As with Jack Webb's other series from that era, the late 1960s version of Dragnet, the film prints for Adam 12 were always of excellent quality, so no remastering is needed. I wouldn't collect either on video though.

5. Rodney

Rodney Screenwriter
    Supporter

Adam-12, bring it on! I loved this show as a kid. It was on TVLand a few years back. Here's hoping this comes out later this year.

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Sure hope Dave L's right on this one...but then...he's usually right [​IMG]

Adam-12's another one I'd get....(I have to add it to my "profile" signature of wish list DVD's [​IMG] )

Interesting about this series....I'm not a fan of Dragnet but I always liked Adam-12. To me, Adam-12 had a different "feel" to it than Dragnet.

"One Adam-12, see the man at 1226 Acme St...Code 2" [​IMG]

(while they're at it....book Universal on a "318" (withholding TV/DVD release announcements) JUST KIDDING, Robert Reid (Uni's VP Home Video Dept)....I'm waiting for many of your TV/DVD releases :b

7. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping since we're about to get Dragnet 1967 on DVD that Adam-12 won't be far behind...and Emergency! will be close behind Adam-12 since they were really all spin offs of the previous show.

8. Bob_S.

Bob_S. Supporting Actor

I'm also waiting for this to come out. I remember watching it with my Dad when I was a kid (he was a police officer). Never cared much for Dragnet but loved Adam-12. Unlike Chips, Adam 12's police calls were usually unrelated which I liked. It seemed more realistic. On Chips, they usually spent the whole hour trying to track down one criminal.

9. jim_falconer

jim_falconer Supporting Actor

Anyone hear of how the first season of Adam-12 sold...or if there are any plans for season 2 to be released?

10. Phyll

Phyll Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if Universal plans on releasing more Adam-12 or Dragnet?