What's new

Will we ever get China Beach on DVD? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
With the first season of Tour of Duty being released by Fabulous Films in the UK later this year, I was wondering whether China Beach could be released by them.

Swifty8

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Lombardi
You're not the only two. Am waiting as well. What the hell? They'd better produce a hell of a lot of DVDs...

Jack Branch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Branch
This show made such an impact on me when it was first shown in the UK on the pioneering British Satellite Broadcasting TV service that I have been searching ever since for a DVD release. My kids have grown up listening to me ranting about how good the show was and how mad it is that no DVD has been released. How about an online petition to demonstrate the level of interest?

Lj Watten

Auditioning
Real Name
linda
Well here's another fan of China Beach. I taped it years ago from USA or Life or.....but stupidly taped it slp and now living in Europe, it doesn't play - if I had taped it EP it would have. It was my all time favorite show until West Wing and is still my favorite cast of all time. I don't understand why it's not available online as a DVD - if they can do the pilot, after all.

yersiniapestis

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Dana Delaney has been acting in TV and movies for years. She was on Desperate Housewives and is now on Body of Proof. She has never done a ton of movies (Tombstone is the best!), but she mostly does TV. Marg Helgenberger was until recently on CSI, as one of the main characters. She did an arc on ER and has been in several TV shows and movies, as well. Neither one, in my opinion, were ever going to be top tier, but to say that they are not stars is selling them short. In any respect, both were fantastic in China Beach.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember reading somewhere that Warner's still wanted to release it but not sure where they are with it.
It is listed on Amzon as one of the biggest shows that people want released.

Lj Watten

Auditioning
Real Name
linda
well, Dana Delaney was in a great indie movie a while back with Willem Defoe and Susan Sarandon (I think) - she had a large supporting role of an addict who couldn't shake the habit, can't remember the name of the movie but she was fine. She needs good direction and writing as she isn't a "star" so much as a serious actress. Marg H was the wife in a superb thriller with Kevin Costner, Mr Brown, I think is the name of it.....

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Just a slightly off-topic question? Did anyone catch this past week's BODY OF PROOF with star Dana Delany and guest star Robert Picardo? It was a nice tip of the hat to the old CHINA BEACH days.

Harry

sullum

Agent
Real Name
Sam
Just a slightly off-topic question? Did anyone catch this past week's BODY OF PROOF with star Dana Delany and guest star Robert Picardo? It was a nice tip of the hat to the old CHINA BEACH days.
Sorry I missed it. Also, don't forget that Robert Picardo and Jeri Ryan had many a scene together in "Star Trek : Voyager". In fact when they had an episode together it was usually among the best.

Strachan

Auditioning
Real Name
Strachan Pindar
Here's another voice for "China Beach" on DVD. Jeez. One of the greatest TV dramas of all time still unavailable to its fans! It's quite exasperating. Yes, I'm sure the rights to all that music would cost a bit, but I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for the series on iTunes and/or disc. It was that good. I'm outraged it still hasn't happened. Are you listening, Warner? Someone? Anyone?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I don't understand why this is so hard when so many cheap collections of the music exists. Can they get together and put out a China Beach/ oldies music type collection? Maybe Time Life or some other middle party could handle it? Shows like China Beach help keep these songs in the public consciousness.

monyfar

Auditioning
Real Name
monyfar
Hi all,
I’m Monica from Italy, an Italian fan (maybe the only one) on these beautiful tv. I watched China Beach for the very first time in the long 1995, when by chance I catch a glimpse of it on a small network who was broadcasting CB. I don’t remember which episode was, I only know that touched my heart from the start. Cb made me laugh, made me cry (a lot), made me think of that Vietnam war so far away from me where many people died and others died inside their souls.
I have the first three series on tape dubbed in Italian language. Luckly, at that time I decided to set my VCr and record the episodes. But unluckly the 4th series was never aired in Italy. Many times I hoped for an american release on DVD, and sadly I read it is impossible to put CB on it cause music’ s rights.
After a long, a very long search on internet I finally found season 4 on torrent. It’s in English, I didn’t understand much from dialogue because I don’t speak English very well and I wish I could do because without a translation I lost a lot. But the acting is so terrific that you know what the story is about.
It was good to see what happened to the characters years after Vietnam, their fight to cure the scars never really recovered inside them.
The other day I finished to watch the finale. And I cried. I cried for all CB means to me, I cried for all the characters that moved me, touched my heart. I cried watching the wall ad the long list of name on it. I cried for what could be their life. I cried because farewell always hurt me.
I’d like to thank everyone for making such a beautiful, moving, meaningful series. Dana, Robert, Marg, Brian, Jeff all of you. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Monica

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Seeing that it has been over 20 years since this show aired, I wonder if I will be alive when they release it.

sullum

Agent
Real Name
Sam
Hey Mikey!
You better lock yourself safely in a padded room till next year, cause I'd hate to see your worry about being alive when "China Beach" is released ever coming true!!
GO HERE->->>>>>>:banana:CHINA BEACH:rock::drum::jawdrop::laugh:

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Hey I am with you guys - I am HAPPY to see CHINA BEACH finally being released on DVD, and just grateful that this will occur during my lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks