Will we ever get Ally Mcbeal on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I know that a best-of of some sort has been released but will we ever get them released season-by-season? I love this quirky comedy and I would love to own it. With the releases of The Simpsons, Twin Peaks, Star Trek, X-files, M*A*S*H, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and Buffy, I would think that Fox would put out Ally. What do you think the chances are for release of this great comedy?

2. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    Season 4 (first 12 episodes) comes out on DVD in UK in 2 weeks - I think this is a tester to see if it sells before they release the older sets, as previous seasons are out on video, and this will be the latest on VHS as well as DVD

If you have a multiregion player, and PAL tv, it is quite cheap £19.99 for first 12 episodes. But chances are they will release it in US eventually

3. G Miller

G Miller Stunt Coordinator

In Region 4 land down here in Australia, they are releasing the entire series 1 on the 24th April. Cost will be $149.95 Aust.

4. Jason Smalley

Jason Smalley Stunt Coordinator

I would buy these in a heartbeat. I didn't watch the show unti they started it on FX. I always thought it was a "girlie" show (to use some middle school lingo). Little did I know it was a fairly intellegently scripted little gem! I'm now addicted. I just wish FX would have left it on during the evening instead of 10 p.m. I like to get some sleep sometimes.

While I have a multi-region player, I don't think I will import them because I can't stand to mix collections. I would hate to have some R4 and some R1. Besides, I like to have a DVD set that I can play on any of my players instead of only line.