What's new

Will WalMart carry House of 1000 Corpses dvd? (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if they are going to cary it tuesday because i usually go at midnight to pick the dvds up. I called them and they did not know. Anyone have any knowledge of whether or not they will be carrying it?

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
It's rated R but Walmart is iffy sometimes i think when they choose what they are going to be carrying.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I doubt Wal-Mart will carry it, because it isn't exactly a "mainstream" movie. I've mainly seen them only carry popular movies released by the movie studios, and they don't often carry stuff from say Anchor Bay or Criterion. I could be wrong about it all though, because I picked up Return of the Living Dead at Wal-Mart last year, which surprised me, and they could carry totally different stuff in other parts of the country.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart stocks...

The Evil Dead

Army of Darkness: Official Bootleg Edition

Dragon Inn

Vampire Hunter D

and a few other non-mainstream films.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They also carried the unrated version of "Last House on the Left" as well as the DVD of "Below," a film which was basically direct to video.

If they don't carry it, it would only be due to some sanctimonious, hypocritical reaction on their part to the title or cover art. They've carried many similar titles in the past.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
At least in Canada, they carry a lot of Anchor Bay stock, which isn't exactly family fair, so there might be hope for Rob Zombie's debut.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I decided to search on their website...and got nothing, so it's my guess that they probably won't carry it.

BTW, I have seen Walmart carry a few Criterions in the past. The Rock and Rushmore come to mind.

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
hopefully it will be there because id hate to make a wasted trip. Im goin gto get futurama volume 2 and really want Corpses tonight as well.

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Someone on here must work at walmart and know whats releasing. the website doesnt always show what the store has.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
I work at the old Slave-Mart, as I like to call it, and didn't remember seeing this movie, although it could have been checked in on one of my days off Monday or Friday. Personally I wouldn't bank on Wal-Mart getting this title in. Also on a side note, Wal-Mart does not order the movies that they carry, an outside company called Anderson Merchandise orders all the movies, CD's, and books. Not sure who actually makes the decisions on what movies Wal-Mart will and will not carry.

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
ANyone at any other walmarts recall seeing this come in? Are anyo ther stores open late at night like this?

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Nevermind. I just went there and picked it up along with Futurama Volume 2!

The employees were shocked that they were carrying it :]

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Three Wal-Marts in my area refuse to carry it. So did K-Mart and Shopko. Best Buy and Circuit City were nearly sold out so I guess they're making some cash off the ignorant bastards at places like Wal-Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks