What's new

Will "Wait to Your Father Gets Home" ever be on DVD (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
By "a few years ago" don't you mean "right when Cartoon Network first began"? :D Man, it's been a long time!

I would not hold out hope for this one. Not enough people know about it. I'd be floored to ever see it on the shelf. Seems like something the creator/producer would have to get behind in order for it to become a reality.

Edit: There is hope that Boomerang will eventually put episodes back on the air. CN has relegated a lot of the old Hanna-Barbera toons to airings on this channel.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Dane on this one, although I remember the show and would definitely buy it. Another 1 that aired early on cartoon network that I'd like to own, but don't expect is the Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimly, it only had a couple seasons run on TV, but I'd buy it in a second. I'm not holding my breath though.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

Man your right, that was like when Cartoon Network began, jess I'm getting old. Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimly, that would also kick ass.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about that series, but I'm waiting for the release of "Wait TILL Your Father Gets Home". ;) :D

I recall watching this series each week. Tom Bosley's voice was unmistakable. (It aired at 7:30 PM on Tues. or Wed. as I recall, just like "Jonny Quest", which aired during the 7:30 PM time slot in 1964-1965 (so the kiddies would still be awake to view it/them).

Those were the days when "7:30" was considered "Prime Time" (or maybe "pre-Prime" or something).

Do the networks still air first-run shows @ 7:30 anymore? (I'm out of the TV "loop" it would appear. Except for 1 show per week. :))

http://members.aol.com/howard217/epgs/getshome.html

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
The subject of "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home" reminds me of another series of that era, "MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT" (1969-1970; ran for just 26 episodes).

"MWAWTI" starred William Windom and Lisa Gerritsen. (Lisa, just after the short-lived series ended, joined the cast of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" in 1970; plus did a bit part in the 1970 film "Airport" as well.)

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong ... But didn't "My World And Welcome To It" feature a rather unique set-up? Meaning: I believe it was "Part Cartoon / Part Real Live Action". Correct? Windom served as kind of a "narrator" of the story lines I believe.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...ry/showid-817/

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would adore it if this series came out on DVD. Maybe when Happy Days hits, since Tom Bosley is the dad in both.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member

If my iffy memory serves, the series itself was all live action; the animation you recall was the opening sequence of each episode.

Jon

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Wasn't the audio portion of "Father" reused for another, updated, cartoon many years later? I don't remember the details though.

I haven't seen this show since the mid '70's. If I ever do see it again, I wonder if it'll hold up? For some reason shows from that era just stand the test of time for me as well as shows from the prior or subsequent decade.

Steve

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Is there any word on this? I wouldn't expect anything big, but I loved this show when I used to watch it on CN.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You know, it's funny you bump this thread, because I was JUST thinking about this show yesterday!

Still no word, though, sorry. I assume Warner owns it, so maybe we'll see it on one of the HB collections down the road. After all, if we can get Penelope Pitstop... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks