What's new

Will TVs be cheaper after the holidays? (1 Viewer)

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
Having no experience in TV shopping, do most places offer their better deals before xmas, or after xmas/new years (to clear room for next years models)???

I'm looking to buy a TV and don't particularly need it before the new year. I'm looking at the JVC HD-ILA 52" or 56", my local store has them for $2100 and 2500 respectively. Should I hold out and shop around or is that about as good as its going to get?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Usually the weekend before the Super Bowel are when the deals are being slung around the brick and mortor retailers.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I think prices are going to continue to fall no matter what.

I'd like to know what the BOM on these RP LCD's are, can't imagine their overall cost is that high and they are a profit boon to Sony and the like.

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the price of small LCD screens, 6.5" was getting down around $30.00.

Look at the first CD burner, $500.00 or more. Now you can get a good high speed DVD burner for $30.00.

I think we will see these $1500 60" LCOS TV's soon as the shift from high profit low/moderate volume to moderate/low profit high volume.

Neal_C

Second Unit
Right before the Super Bowl is an excellent time to find a good deal, but its not just the football game that creates this scenario. Every year in the beginning of January is the Consumer Electronics Show with the latest and greatest for the coming year. That makes alot of what is out now "last years models" (not in all cases, but in some).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks