What's new

Will this work?! (1 Viewer)

alexewing

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex Ewing
Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your time.
I am a complete beginner but have a question to ask about compatibility. Essentially, will my projector and blu-ray player work with the new surround sound system I'm hoping to buy?
The projector dishes out tinny sound so I want an upgrade...
1. Projector is Epson TWD-10
An HDMI slot, component video and D-Sub PC ports, phono output for a subwoofer, and an optical digital audio output.
Will it work with:
2. Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound
Please note that I intend to use the HDMI input for the blu ray player, which also needs to be compatible.
3. Sony BDPS390 Blu- Ray player
Sorry to be confusing. I just can't seem to work out what cables I'll need and whether it will work at all!?
Thank you in advance.
Alex :):)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
A projector with a built-in dvd player...and 4 built-in speakers??? What will they think of next.
I'm sure it will work. But you won't be able to take advantage of the high resolution audio found on bluray discs. But you will get Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 which is still pretty good. Just connect an hdmi cable (or component cable) from the BluRay player to the projector and an optical cable from the BluRay player to the Logitech speaker system. You'll have to make a couple of selections in the BR players setup menu but it won't be too difficult to figure out. Ask us and we can help with that too.

alexewing

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex Ewing
I know, huh! It really is a very random projector, but it's brilliant!!
Thank you so much for your response, that is so helpful and means I'll be going ahead with that purchase now. Happy days!
Thanks guys. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks