will this work? xbox to receiver ..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tho, May 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Tho

Tho Auditioning

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-D412 (Component Video I/O 2/1)
    TV: 27" Panasonic (RCA Composite Only)

I use my xbox to watch movies and stuff so I want to have 5.1 Dolby Digital. Question is, since I only have RCA Composite on my TV, is it possible to connect the Xbox to the Receiver through component Video and Optical Audio and have the TV connect to the Receiver through RCa composite? Since the microsoft a/v pack only has connection for s-video and component video which I dont have on my TV.

Or would I have to get the Monster Cable Pack, which is regular rca composite but it also comes with the Optical Audio connector for dolby digital?

Or what other way can i connect everything since I only have RCA composite on my TV?

Still waiting for the receiver/speakers to arrive so just wanna be sure what cables to get and how to hook it up once it arrives [​IMG]

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Unless your receiver does composite to componet video conversion (most don't) the first hookup won't work. If the monster pack has both composite video and optical audio that would do the trick.

3. Tho

Tho Auditioning

aaah ok . so i didnt need a receiver with component video then, oh well .. for future use if i ever get a new tv [​IMG] .. thanks for the help

4. Tho

Tho Auditioning

one more question .. the microsoft a/v pack .. it says that it states "For TVs with S-Video inputs, AV inputs, and digital or surround sound audio receiver, enabling higher quality images and sound during gameplay and DVD movie viewing." .. Does that mean you can use either S-Video or regular A/V Input (Composite, I assume?) right? .. Or should I just get the Monster 200x A/V Pack (35bux) + Monster Optical Cable (40bux, I think)?

Microsof A/V Pack