What's new

Will This Work With A Mac (1 Viewer)

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Should work just fine, although personally I prefer Firewire for my external devices (higher sustained speeds, which is important for burning). Plus on the Mac FW is faster than USB2 anyway.

-Christian

ErichH

Screenwriter
The drive will work fine. I agree with Christian - Firewire is a better choice for speed, but are hard to find in that price range.
BTW - Pioneer DVR-112 internal drives are around 30-35 bucks if you need something for a Desktop Mac (G4/G5/MacPro,etc)

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
No, it's for a laptop. I've been using USB 2.0 for awhile with my drive and it's been fine. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have been using external Pioneer DVD drives for about 4 years with no problem. The system will recognize it automatically. BTW, for full functionality with apps like iTunes and iMovie you may need to install PatchBurn, which I have also used for years. Start without it, but if you ever find you can't do something with the drive, install it and it should be fixed. The fact is, I just install it by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks