What's new

Will this overheat my 360? (1 Viewer)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Howdy!
I have had my 360 since March or so of last year. It is an early 06 build (based on Serial number search during the search for 05 models) and has performed nicely in that time. I have the box on a Ikea shelf and the power brick on the shelf above it (don't ask) but it sits by itself and has room to breath. We have a 10 month old who is now able to reach these shelves (which also contain my DVD, CD, Receiver, etc.) so we are ordering the glass doors for it to keep them safe.
Will having this door create a hot pocket for the 360 and brick to run in? I assume I should leave the doors open when I play but was hoping I could do it with them closed (in case I am playing game with my older daughter at same time baby is in room...like Viva, of course, not Gears!). Mostly I play at night when they are in bed so leaving open isn't a problem then but I wanted to know if such a space would be too confining. The back is partially opened to allow some cables but not the back directly behind the brick or 'box.

Thanks for advice!

Ciao,

Phil

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
Not too sure, I would try to keep the power brick separate from the unit because its going to generate its own heat. You could place a thermometer on behind the 360 (by the fans) and run it in the open for an hour and then in the shelf and see what the difference is in temps. You could also place PC cooling fan on the back of your shelving unit, get a quiet one and figure out how to best get it hooked up to an external power source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks