1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Will this HT work?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matej, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Matej

Matej Extra

I am hoping to build an HT but am pretty new at this still. I have an idea so I want to run it by you all and see if it will work and sound good or could I do better for less $.

2 Klipsch Promedia v.2-400 satellites(I have these already on my computer) I would use these as surrounds

2 klipsch quintet satelites as mains (probably get these from e-bay)
    alternately I could get 2 more of the Promedia v.2-400 's (also e-bay)

a klipsch center(No idea which one-could use a little help)

sub(again no idea yet)

Reciever(also in need of help)

THe promedias and the quintets seem to be a identical design so I think they should be timbre matched- if someone can confirm that I would appreciate it.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Get 3 more Promedia speakers and have 5 identical speakers in your array. Then you just need a self-powered sub.
    You might also check out www.cheaphometheater.com for other speaker suggestions and budget receiver/sub suggestions.
    Good Luck.

3. Matej

Matej Extra

do you think this will be a good system for the money, or could I make out better with another choice?

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

The little speakers ment for computers tend to be a compromise. But for a whole set of speakers for under $200, there is just nothing else that can touch them. So yes, they are a good system for the money.