Will this HDTV set up work?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Weppner, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Marc Weppner

Marc Weppner Auditioning

Hey Everyone,
    I have been posting the past couple of days with several questions. Now I think I'm ready to buy. Wanted to run it by you for your thoughts:
    Have: Toshiba 43H70
    Want to buy:
    -Sony SAN-24MD1 24x18 dish for DirecTv (need Sunday Ticket)
    -Sony SAT-HD100 Set Top Box
    -Sony AN-JAA1 Amplified Local TV Antenna
    I plan to use the dish itself for DirecTv standard channels as well as HBO-HD and their pay-per-view/demo channels. The local antenna would be for local programming and HDTV. Titan TV tells me I can get OTA signals where I live (Manassas, VA).
    If you have time, please leave me your thoughts on the above set-up and if that sounds like a good combination with easy install.
    If anyone can recommend an installer in the Northern Virginia area, please let me know! I want someone who knows what they are doing and can give me what I want. I've run into a lot of problems with retailers the past few days. I know very little about this subject, but still felt smarter than the people I was talking with thanks to all the help from this site. Anyway - please recommend any installer you may know.
    THANKS in advance for your time.
    -Marc

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Everything is quality equipment except for the antenna. I don't know anything about it. Try searching the HDTV hardware forum at AVS Forum to find people in the norther VA area and the antenna they used. Most people have gotten good results from a cheap Rat Shack UHF or the Silver Sensor.
    -Robert
    [Edited last by Robert_J on August 27, 2001 at 09:05 PM]

3. Marc Weppner

Marc Weppner Auditioning

thanks for the help Robert! I'll go browse over there, and maybe post as well.
    Thanks!
    Marc