will this be sufficient to 'drive' a SVS-PB10?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JasonBrown, Jan 5, 2005.

1. JasonBrown

JasonBrown Stunt Coordinator

My current A/V receiver is the JVC RX-6008. Will that be enough to drive a SVS-PB10 subwoofer? The exact specifications for this A/V receiver are found here:

http://books.jvcservice.com/booklist...el=RX-6008VBKJ

The current sub attached is just one of those 60-watt, Home-Theater-in-a-Box model.

2. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

The SVS is active, therefore irrelevant of the AV amp- you just sent it low level signal (from subwoofer/LFE pre-out) and the sub amplifies this signal.

As long as your AV amp has LFE/Subwoofer out no problem.

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Absolutely! You have to remember its the amp on the PB10-ISD that drives the driver. The receiver you speak of does have sub-out and 3 different cross-over points along with the rest of the functions/settings that drive the signal to the sub. Your sitting good and all good to go[​IMG]

4. JasonBrown

JasonBrown Stunt Coordinator

thanks all. Guess the next step is to order one [​IMG]

5. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

I must say, you have excellent taste in subwoofers.....please remember to post your thoughts about it after you get everythign fired up.....I've owned several SVS subs but and thinking about picking up a PB-10 for my brother. Besides, it's also fun for some of us to read about the initial reactions of people who are hearing an SVS for the first time......I still remember that lazy autumn afternoon three years ago when an SVS made my pantlegs move for the first time.....like it was yesterday! :b

6. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

Hey mine just came today AWESOME. I will be posting a small review by this weekend even though there are a ton up already. This thing is HUGE sounds GREAT and was a BARGAIN.